Level 1 Release Moves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Since in either skill the flier has to switch legs, could the bases hold her hand? How about a switch up to hitch that way the base could remain in contact with that foot?

I'm not sure if they must remain in contact with the foot or just any part of the flyer. The only way I've seen them done is with the foot, but that doesn't mean the hand thing isn't legal.

For 2011-13 only one base needs to remain in contact with the top person (Stunts D. During transitions, at least one base must remain in contact with the top person. Exception: Leap frogs and leap frog variations are not allowed in L1.) so there will be legal ways to switch ups to thigh stands in Level 1.

So as long as the back spot is holding the flier's waist for example it's legal?

I try to avoid saying anything is legal without seeing a video, but there are ways it can be legal because the back spot holds on the entire time.

You could have the backspot hold on to the ankle or to the waist.... or butt, or arm or anything you want with the new rule.

Just make sure the stunt doesnt travel above a thigh stand level

backspot on the WHOLE time..i think, i wasnt on youth;/

That would not have made it legal this past season. ALL bases had to have remained in contact with the flyer the ENTIRE time. So just having the backspot holding on in level one is not going to make it legal.

That would not have made it legal this past season. ALL bases had to have remained in contact with the flyer the ENTIRE time. So just having the backspot holding on in level one is not going to make it legal.
again, i wasnt on youth! i said i think? i dont know, i was way too old to be on youth.

Back