Level 1 Tumbling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

KikiD22

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
We had this discussion at our gym not too long ago, and I had a question regarding 1-armed tumbling in level 1. I was always under the impression, reading the rules, that 1-handed or 1-armed tumbling was illegal at Level 1. One of the girls on CP's team was asking why she couldn't do a 1-armed cartwheel (eh, she's 7).

Then, yesterday, I was watching videos, and noticed 1-armed front walkovers in this routine (video is on the Wiki page):

So, my question is, how is this legal, if it is? I'm just wondering if there's something making it legal that I'm not seeing.

Sorry, probably should have mentioned it's at the 1:56 mark in the video

We had this discussion at our gym not too long ago, and I had a question regarding 1-armed tumbling in level 1. I was always under the impression, reading the rules, that 1-handed or 1-armed tumbling was illegal at Level 1. One of the girls on CP's team was asking why she couldn't do a 1-armed cartwheel (eh, she's 7).

Then, yesterday, I was watching videos, and noticed 1-armed front walkovers in this routine (video is on the Wiki page):

So, my question is, how is this legal, if it is? I'm just wondering if there's something making it legal that I'm not seeing.

They are illegal. L1 Tumbling A.

Thanks Andre. I want to get safety judge certified next season, and I thought maybe there was something I was missing.

Are you getting certified for personal knowledge or to start working events?

Are you getting certified for personal knowledge or to start working events?
I'd be interested in starting to work events. I need to start doing my research on what needs to be done. I have been thinking about it for the past couple of seasons, but decided I'm finally going to go ahead with it now.

Oh, and I worked as an ASA-certified umpire for many, many years, so I'm used to coaches yelling at me. ;)

I'd be interested in starting to work events. I need to start doing my research on what needs to be done. I have been thinking about it for the past couple of seasons, but decided I'm finally going to go ahead with it now.

When you take the test you can ask to be put on the list that is sent to all USASF EPs in the fall. Most the major EPs will already have their judges set for the season by the time the list goes out, but you may get some last minute requests.

I'd spend this season making contact with EPs so hopefully they'll have you in mind when they are scheduling.

See, now that's good to know and I would have had no idea.

Thanks!!

See, now that's good to know and I would have had no idea.

Thanks!!
Definitely find out what companies have events near you. I assume you are in the Ill area, so there are a decent amount. Send them all messages to talk to them, etc.

Definitely find out what companies have events near you. I assume you are in the Ill area, so there are a decent amount. Send them all messages to talk to them, etc.
I most definitely will. I knew about the list that was sent out after the certification tests, but I didn't realize that it was too late to be worth much of anything. I will start making contacts now.

Back