Level 2 Stunt Question!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 3, 2016
Ive been seeing teams do a two foot extension with no back spot and both bases have a normal extension grip, is this legal? if not how could i make it legal? thanks in advance! :)

Our senior 2 did the extension with no backspot at the first competition we had last season and it was deemed illegal. They changed it to an assisted one man and that made it fine.

No, however, you can be in an extended stunt with just one base and the back grabbing onto the foot and ankle...or at both ankles (coed style)

No, however, you can be in an extended stunt with just one base and the back grabbing onto the foot and ankle...or at both ankles (coed style)
That's so odd that an extended one man with spotter is legal, but not a normal extension without spotter since it's the same number of people.

That's so odd that an extended one man with spotter is legal, but not a normal extension without spotter since it's the same number of people.
Extended 1 leg stunts are illegal in Level 2.

B. Stunt Levels
1. Single leg stunts above prep level are not allowed. A single leg stunt may not pass above prep level.

They are legal in pyramid as long as the following is met: (Level 2 Pyramids - Section E)
"Extended single-leg stunts must be braced by at least one top person at the prep level or below with hand-arm connection only. The hand-arm of the top person must be, and remain, connected to the hand-arm of the bracer."

--sorry. I read that wrong. I read it as one leg instead of one man.

It's because the rules state a spotter is required for every person above prep level. A traditional extension is still above prep level, as is the one man extension.

It's because a spotter is in a better position to save a stunt that goes wrong than someone in a weight bearing position.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back