Level 3 Ball-up?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think they would be borderline. For level three, release moves must start below prep level and must be caught at prep level or below. Release moves may not pass above extended arm level. With a ball up it's really hard to tell if the flyer is above extended arm level (distance from hips to bases hands can't be longer than the flyer's legs).

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Both looks legal to me. Just take care about the height of the release move. If the technique is getting better, you can do sponge toss ball up straight to heel stretch at prep level press to extended 1-leg stunt

The height of the release is what concerned me. Variation 2 was focused on a lower release point. I plan on getting an official call from USASF but I thought I'd start here.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Sorry to bring this up again, but I have a still shot of the highest point reached by the flyers. All groups are consistent with this. Still legal?

2ql4sau.jpg

They are legal. We did this in our pyramid and our coach looked over the rules to see if it was legal. He said we could even if I didn't have two tops to help me. ( If they both fell which they never did.)

Unless that flyer has ridiculously short legs (and it looks like she does not) it looks legal to me. Can you explain fully and clearly why the skill is legal? That will probably help you if you ever need to defend the skill.

Back