Level 3 Rule Change Query

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 21, 2014
I just want to check that I am reading into this correctly!-

Level 3 pyramids E.

'Exception: twisting mounts and transitions to extended skills are allowed up to 1 twist. If connected to at least ONE brace at prep level or below and at least one Base.....'

Does this mean that a full up in level 3 only requires one bracer where as in previous years it has required two?

Also if a flyer moves in load in position from one group to another but there is no release and a member of the original group stays connected with them to their new group is that okay? (Sorry if that's not explained very well!) Thanks!

The only way to get an official ruling is to send a video in to the official USASF rules email. You can't bring up a fierce board post if you're challenging a judge's ruling, but you can use an email response from that official email.

I will say that comparing last year's rules to this year's is a good way to get ideas for what might be legal (compared to what was legal or illegal in the past).

Please note that the glossary has been updated and it is important to pay attention to those changes, particularly the definitions of base and spotter.

@SarahS is right! And the service the USASF offers is fantastic. I use the heck out of it because the wording isn't always clear which is hard when three coaches take three different things away when reading the same rule. Plus, if I do get called on something at competition, I am able to pull up the email response to defend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back