Level 3 Stunt

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 11, 2010
1. I can't see how this wouldn't be legal but just crossing all my t's... half up to cupie with the bases doing an additional half turn... to give the illusion of a full up.

2. Switch up/express up to an extended stunt... I know it's been discussed before but I jus don't see how teams are performing them legally... especially when the back spot is clearly not maintaining contact.

and lastly just an overall question...
We have 6 groups 5 do a twist basket all together and one does a GORGEOUS toe basket right after (with the music it makes a nice visual) we got .4 off of our difficulty at our last competition because they all weren't twists. This makes no sense to me seeing as how a toe touch basket is a level 3 basket and technique wise harder. Since this was a jambrands comp and we have 2 more jambrand comps I want to make sure that changing the toe to a twist is logical.

Thanks y'all :)

1) twisting stunts are measured by the flyers hips in relation to the performance surface, if he/she continually twists a full 360 to the top, illegal, pause for two counts before bases turn the other half, legal

2) provide a video for better clarification, I've seen backs spots holding both ankles from the set position to make it look like a switch up

3) I do not know jam scores very well, but my understanding, to max out baskets you need not only full team twist plus more at another point showing variety, twisting is considered one of the hardest skills in level 3 baskets

1) You can do a full twist up to prep, then push up to extension, or you can do a half twist up to an extension, come to a complete stop, then continue the half rotation by the bases.

2) You can do a true switch up to a prep-level stunt or you can "fake" a switch up to extended level if the back spot holds on all the way up.

3) JamBrands has really detailed scoring grids: http://www.thejambrands.com/JAMScore/Cheer/Grids/1112JAMBrandsAllStarScoringGrids.pdf
Single twisting tosses score in the higher range of level 3 tosses (7.0-8.0)
And further clarification is here: http://www.thejambrands.com/JAMScore/Cheer/1112ScoringClarifications.pdf
To max out for level 3 tosses: "Max: Squad single twisting tosses within one sequence AND a variety of tosses throughout the routine"

Back