Level 4 Pyramid (transition/dismount)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 15, 2010
Picture if you will...

Flyer in flatback at prep level, left foot connected to prep level bracing flyer.

Flatback flyer has right foot free,

Bases toss flatback flyer, she mimics a kick double, all while connected to prep level bracing flyer.

My grey areas where i am not sure, is...

Does the flat back count as a two legged prep level stunt for the purpose of a dismount?

How does this interact with the bracing flyer?

Thoughts people?

Andre imrichhowboutu

ALSO.... i realise the kick double is a trick before double twisting and is no where legal in level 4, the flyer will have to wrap that leg over somehow though. could they start with the leg raised and it comes straight down and over upon the toss?

I think this falls under transitions, not dismounts. Given that, it would be limited to 1.5 twisting rotations.

May be able to supply one after Sunday practice... If this finishes in a cradle does it change wether its transition or dismount

May be able to supply one after Sunday practice... If this finishes in a cradle does it change wether its transition or dismount

From Thursday through May 6th I'll be tough to get in touch with.

Hahaha yes that is perfectly understandable...

I working on Aussie season here so there is no rush for my queries, look forward to hearing for you after worlds and such

it is legal. our senior 4 did the same exact thing all year... never called on it once, in fact, we were complimented on it!!

Here is the general gist of it...

The connection would be at prep level

If anyone has ideas how to keep the visual as much as possible while making it legal (assuming this is illegal) that would be greatly appreciate

Andre

imrichhowboutu

Send it to Les.

I would call it illegal under Stunts C1 because it twists more than 1.5. It can't count as a cradle because a cradle requires a release from the bases. The reason I say send it to Les is because he overturned a call I made on something similar, but I didn't have time to get a reason from him. (For some reason coaches get mad when judges are on the phone on the judges stand).

A flatback at that level is a below prep level stunt.

If you can, look at La Trobe university's level 3 routine from nationals, I'm pretty sure they had something similar in the opening. (AASCF nationals)

Back