Level 5 Tumbling And Flying

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 6, 2016
Hey everyone!

I am currently working on book 3 in my cheerleading fiction series, and want to include some extremely hard level 5 skills. I have slogged through the rule books, watched routine after routine on YouTube, but still want to make sure I am choosing the hardest and best.

Any suggestions on a move that is legal but extremely difficult? Even if people can't often land the skill, I want to work them in over the next 3-4 books that will all take place on level 5 teams.

Thanks so much!

Inverted to non-inverted double up is pretty tough! I'm not sure where it falls on the spectrum of difficulty as its all pretty subjective but Great White Sharks did it if you want to check it out here at 0:40

Any coed teams that do amazing stunts too are also pretty tough as they are usually done with 1-2 bases rather then 3. But yeah it's all pretty subjective! Anytime at level skills are combined it's always pretty tough too!

Inverted to non-inverted double up is pretty tough! I'm not sure where it falls on the spectrum of difficulty as its all pretty subjective but Great White Sharks did it if you want to check it out here at 0:40

Any coed teams that do amazing stunts too are also pretty tough as they are usually done with 1-2 bases rather then 3. But yeah it's all pretty subjective! Anytime at level skills are combined it's always pretty tough too!

Thanks! I don't know if I ever said that, or when I saw this comment and all that, but thank you for that!

I have another question about level 5 stunts. What is the rule on partner stunts. I know last year BSB did a one handed cupie, but can there be harder skills done with one base using only one hand? For instance could the flier do a heel stretch or an arabesque with only one person stunting them? Can they do a single or double around either on the way up for one person to stunt them or even while they are in the air? Like a two footed double around high to high?

Not sure if I used the write terminology on all of that, but I'm trying to get some high difficulty partner stunts and larger stunt group stunts in my series at the minute. I'm okay if it's moved that are kind of impossible to land. I want the athletes to try a variety and will experience both success and failure doing them during book 4 and beyond. THANKS!

Thanks! I don't know if I ever said that, or when I saw this comment and all that, but thank you for that!

I have another question about level 5 stunts. What is the rule on partner stunts. I know last year BSB did a one handed cupie, but can there be harder skills done with one base using only one hand? For instance could the flier do a heel stretch or an arabesque with only one person stunting them? Can they do a single or double around either on the way up for one person to stunt them or even while they are in the air? Like a two footed double around high to high?

Not sure if I used the write terminology on all of that, but I'm trying to get some high difficulty partner stunts and larger stunt group stunts in my series at the minute. I'm okay if it's moved that are kind of impossible to land. I want the athletes to try a variety and will experience both success and failure doing them during book 4 and beyond. THANKS!

There are for sure harder things to do than a cupie. I would say check out some of the partner stunt couples back from when that was included at the ICU worlds, and then eliminate the stuff that's level 6 (mostly free flipping). That's a great way to find inspiration and see what's possible. :)

So air positions aren't ever considered a legality. Legalities in stunts come from, where a stunt starts, where it lands, was the flyer inverted at initiation, did it flip, was it a release move, dismount or toss, did it need a spotter and if so, did someone fill that role etc. and then depending on what level you are there are restrictions.

So if you look here http://admin.varsity.com/uploads/editor/files/PDFS/AllStar/16-17-VAS-Scoring-Rubric.pdf under the section that says "Coed quantity Level 5 and 6 Worlds Teams" you'll notice the highest scoring partner stunts are unassisted (meaning only 1 base) toss to extended 1 arm stunt (BSB 1 arm cupies for example), toss full up to extended stunt and a front handspring 1/2 up to extended stunt - extended stunts can be 1 or 2 legs

I believe that anything you can do with a full group you can do with a single person, given that you are following the spotter rules etc. So those skills should be legal. Only things would be dismounts and making sure there's an extra person to catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back