Level One - One Man Stunts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 28, 2009
I feel like I know the answers, but want to make sure. I think the fact I never see one mans in L1 freaks me out a little and makes me nervous to put it in without being 110% sure.
First, due to this rule, a one man stunt must also have a separate spotter:
A spotter is required for each top person at prep level and above.
Does the spotter need to touch the stunt at all? Technically, they just need to be there and assist in the cradle, correct?
Second, toss to hands: legal or illegal?
Third, my curiosity wants to know how you can make a level one "fake" assisted double cupie possible, as it says this in the rules:
However, depending on the technique used, other variations of “Fake” (assisted) Double Cupies may or may not be allowed.

Thanks!

I feel like I know the answers, but want to make sure. I think the fact I never see one mans in L1 freaks me out a little and makes me nervous to put it in without being 110% sure.
First, due to this rule, a one man stunt must also have a separate spotter:
A spotter is required for each top person at prep level and above.
Does the spotter need to touch the stunt at all? Technically, they just need to be there and assist in the cradle, correct?
Second, toss to hands: legal or illegal?
Third, my curiosity wants to know how you can make a level one "fake" assisted double cupie possible, as it says this in the rules:
However, depending on the technique used, other variations of “Fake” (assisted) Double Cupies may or may not be allowed.

Thanks!

You can do anything in level 1 with one base that you could do with two- provided you have the spotter there of course. So if you wanted to do hands (single-based elevator) then you could do that. Not sure about the spotter touching or not. I don't think there's anything that says the spotter has to hold onto the stunt, but I guess I see it as safer and easier for the base if the spot helps.

I don't think toss to hands is allowed. Level one is pretty specific about bases remaining in contact during transitions. Additionally, the rules state that the only releases from bases that are allowed are cradle and pop downs.

toss hands isn't legal until level 3
you can do a one man at prep level in level 1 as long as you have a spotter
and you can't do more than a 1/4 turn to get up, so no walk in hands

toss hands isn't legal until level 3
you can do a one man at prep level in level 1 as long as you have a spotter
and you can't do more than a 1/4 turn to get up, so no walk in hands

Thanks, I didn't even think about the walk in. Glad you mentioned it!

You can go into hands the way that all girl groups do it. Start with a single leg grip.

You can also have someone assist it on the way up.

When going in to a single based stunt at level 1, you have to be very careful of how you are getting in so that you don't pass through prep (as a single leg) before you make contact with the other foot. This would be illegal...the end result is fine, but getting it to it is often illegal.

Back