Australia/Oceania:
Australia
> ICU: 1D
> IASF: 3 IOSC5 - 2 IOLC5 - 2 IOAG5 - 1 IOLC6

Africa:
South Africa
> ICU: 2C
> IASF: 1 IOSC5 - 1 IOAG5

Later on I will annotate how many teams are coming representing each country at IASF dance and will count up USA too. Where is Thailand and New Zealand this year? Or Australia's ICU Cheer team?

Last edited:
Interestingly, when looking at ICU there are a lot of countries competing that aren't represented at worlds, does anyone know why?
Is it because of bid requirements for worlds? The lack of a junior division?

Just as a heads up before you get a lot of wrath from British/Irish users, Ireland isn't part of the UK. The north of the island (Northern Ireland) is its own country separate from Ireland and it is part of the UK, the republic in the south is its own country. Now i'm not even going to get started on the debate but there's a massive "should Northern Ireland be part of the UK or Ireland" culture and especially with the UK leaving the EU I'd like to avoid political drama on the board haha! It's a very interesting history if you feel like looking it up, I don't even understand it very well and I'm from the mainland UK!

You're missing quite a few countries.

Scotland
Russia
Czech
Malaysia
Korea
Philippines
Slovenia
Wales
Poland
Denmark
Croatia
Khazakistan
India
Georgia
Hungary
Serbia
Ukraine
Dominican Republic
Finland

As for why they're not all represented at Worlds, there are various reasons. ICU cheer is different from All Star cheer, many countries don't have World qualifying bid competitions or the financial means to get to one.

:cheering:Scotland has a team in the junior section I think.

What is the deal with the juniors? When do they compete? (Sorry for derailing a thread three posts in)

Edited for grammar

You're missing quite a few countries.

Scotland
Russia
Czech
Malaysia
Korea
Philippines
Slovenia
Wales
Poland
Denmark
Croatia
Khazakistan
India
Georgia
Hungary
Serbia
Ukraine
Dominican Republic
Finland

As for why they're not all represented at Worlds, there are various reasons. ICU cheer is different from All Star cheer, many countries don't have World qualifying bid competitions or the financial means to get to one.
I believe he was only listing countries competing at IASF Worlds, not ICU.

:cheering:Scotland has a team in the junior section I think.

What is the deal with the juniors? When do they compete? (Sorry for derailing a thread three posts in)

Edited for grammar
Double post sorry, junior teams go today. Scotland Juniors go on at 1:15 Florida time.

Interestingly, when looking at ICU there are a lot of countries competing that aren't represented at worlds, does anyone know why?
Is it because of bid requirements for worlds? The lack of a junior division?
Bids are one thing, but it's also because most teams don't train on sprung floor. Most of these ICU teams are apprehensive when it comes to throwing their skills on a surface they're not familiar with, and even if they're not bothered by it, they can't just upgrade their tumbling to have doubles (which would also make them more competitive).

Double post sorry, junior teams go today. Scotland Juniors go on at 1:15 Florida time.
Did anyone start a thread for ICU 2017 updates? It's starting in a few hours (Junior divisions).

Bids are one thing, but it's also because most teams don't train on sprung floor. Most of these ICU teams are apprehensive when it comes to throwing their skills on a surface they're not familiar with, and even if they're not bothered by it, they can't just upgrade their tumbling to have doubles (which would also make them more competitive).

Did anyone start a thread for ICU 2017 updates? It's starting in a few hours (Junior divisions).
I haven't seen one yet.

Just as a heads up before you get a lot of wrath from British/Irish users, Ireland isn't part of the UK. The north of the island (Northern Ireland) is its own country separate from Ireland and it is part of the UK, the republic in the south is its own country. Now i'm not even going to get started on the debate but there's a massive "should Northern Ireland be part of the UK or Ireland" culture and especially with the UK leaving the EU I'd like to avoid political drama on the board haha! It's a very interesting history if you feel like looking it up, I don't even understand it very well and I'm from the mainland UK!

Fixed it!

Do you know why people compete representing England at worlds and not the U.K. or GB? I know they compete as team GB in the olympics but I thought that included North Irish, Scottish, and Welsh athletes as well as English athletes.

Last edited:
Fixed it!

Do you know why people compete representing England at worlds and not the U.K. or GB? I know they compete as team GB in the olympics but I thought that included North Irish, Scottish, and Welsh athletes as well as English athletes.

I don't know if there's an actual reason for it. We compete as different countries in other sports too like football and rugby etc. We compete as team GB for the Olympics, but for the Commonwealth Games we compete as individual nations. It just varies.

Did anyone start a thread for ICU 2017 updates? It's starting in a few hours (Junior divisions
).

Whats the link to the live stream?

Can you watch ICU on varsity? I was on team France earlier this season and am skipping a class to see them when they go later :p:p
I don't believe you can because Varsity has no affiliation with ICU, but the live stream is free, so it shouldn't be a problem for you?

@Emily, can you please start a ICU 2017 updates thread? You always know what important links to share.

Back