OT Little Rant Regarding People Periscoping Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Apr 2, 2016
Disclaimer:
This gets a bit rant-y and dramatic
read at your own risk

Ok so I've been looking for live streams on periscope because I've only heard bad things about the live streams from previous years (that they don't work, are too expensive, etc.) so I figured I would be better off finding a broadcast of the live stream instead of buying it. I had seen people promoting that they would be streaming on periscope so I followed one of them, wanting to watch the routines all weekend. When I start watching she says that she won't show any routines because she doesn't want to get sent to jail or get fined. I understand that you might be afraid of getting in trouble but realistically the only thing that could happen is your periscope gets removed (not your account tho, just that one broadcast). but if you're not going to show the routines whats the point of even broadcasting? or telling people that they can "watch worlds for free". This made me kinda annoyed, but whatever.

My real problem comes a little later, I find a stream from a user by the name of jtgreer13. I have a few things to say about good ol' JT. When I first started watching it seemed pretty good, the phone was on a tripod, the quality was clear, but then JT starts talking. As soon as I hear him I know he's young, probably in the 12-14 range (remember this, it becomes important). I don't mind the talking initially, it's pretty standard for something like this, what i did mind was him constantly switching the tab to promote his twitter account. He's telling people to retweet certain things, and to follow him, and that he'll follow you if you do X, Y, and Z. This goes on all day, kinda annoying but bearable.

Until large coed. He starts a new stream called "Large Co-ed Coverage" or something like that. I click on the stream, only to see, surprise, his twitter. He's saying that he won't show the stream unless he gets 20 retweets. All the while saying that he wants to do something nice for people who didn't buy the stream and just generally guilt tripping people into retweeting him. He said "I paid for this, and you're getting it for free, the least you could do is follow me". Like listen buddy you're 13, you clearly don't have a job, and your mommy bought you the stream. Don't act like you're the patron saint of bootlegged periscopes! I f you really wanted to do something nice for the cheer community, you would just stream worlds, no ones holding a gun to your head, if you don't want to stream then don't. Like are you even going to care about those 20 retweets in a week? And of course everyone in the chat is sucking up, saying how wonderful he is and whatnot. It just bugs me that this kid is acting like he's so generous, when really the stream is $30, thats $10 a day. And yes, some people, can't afford it, or their parents won't buy it for them. but then why do you have to act like you hold all of this power over anyone who didn't buy the stream

Maybe i'm just bitter but things like this bug me. It seems that people can't do the littlest thing without expecting something in return.

and so let it be known that, provided i'm not attending in person, next year I will buy the live stream and stream it for free, no strings attached, (except I may provide some occasional commentary)(but i'll try to keep it to a minimum) Just so that people don't have to suffer through the mild annoyance of having to appease some child.

TLDR: if you're bootlegging the worlds stream, don't expect s**t in return

Sidenote:

The paid stream wouldn't be a bad investment.

I've had it all year with no problems.

It's a dream compared to past years.

I bought it this year and I've watched all day. Love Meg for her periscope last year but this year I went ahead and paid for the real deal.

I wouldn't worry about the little guy and his ambitions too much. It's the American way: find a niche and exploit it for personal gain.

Back