Low To High Tick Tocks

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 29, 2010
I was working on low to high (power press) tick tocks last night for the first time and I would love any advice I can get on them! My group only hit one of them out of the five we tried. I kept dropping my hip, or I was leaning back. How do I fix those? Please be specific, "just stay tight" it's the type of answer I am looking for. Thank you!:)

Everything takes more than 5 tries to achieve so don't be discouraged. Really though, just pretend you're still extended and stay tight. Make sure your bases are dipping together so that the power press is smooth.

Pull up with you shoulders - replace your foot in the same place kinda ball of your foot - hard to explain but
You don't want to stamp down or
Heel landing. Once you keep the hip up it will help tons! Hope that helps.

On the low, put your hands on your hips or knee, and then pull up to a hi v when you switch and lift up your other lib, it will help you think about stepping UP rather than simply replacing your foot which might cause you to stamp down. For bases, remember to absorb through the knees otherwise the flyer hits a brick wall when she switches and will topple. Good luck!

Also make sure that especially the second base works really hard on controlling your foot on the way down. It mustn't tilt or you will be much mor likely to dorp your hip.

Pretend like theres a string thats pulling your whole body up, lifting you. And when you switch, make sure you replace your foot and don't stomp. Its easier when you don't try so hard. Sometimes when you squeeze too tight you can squeeze to one side and your hip comes out!

When you switch, pretend like you are stepping up onto a stair rather than down into your bases hands.

Also, when you switch, make sure its toe then heel. If you step with your heel first, you'll be REALLY heel heavy which makes you fall back and that can be hard to recover from for bases.

Good luck! Go get that tick tock! :D

Have your hands down, but when you press pull them up into a high V. They'll help you pull up and keep your balance. Also, I was doing this with some random girls a few days ago, and the flyer said that to stop your hip from dropping "push your weight onto the opposite leg to help you stay grounded". Her words, let me know if they don't make sense ;)

Pull up with you shoulders - replace your foot in the same place kinda ball of your foot - hard to explain but
You don't want to stamp down or
Heel landing. Once you keep the hip up it will help tons! Hope that helps.
We preach this as "toe-heel"

Latest posts

Back