All-Star Lying About Cheering At A Gym

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 5, 2011
I'm just curious because it seems to happen a lot around here, but is it common for someone to lie about cheering at a gym when they really don't? It seems to be something girls do without shame where I live even if they clearly don't and are called out on it. Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm just curious because it seems to happen a lot around here, but is it common for someone to lie about cheering at a gym when they really don't? It seems to be something girls do without shame where I live even if they clearly don't and are called out on it. Has anyone else had this problem?
not only in cheerleading, it also happens at somewhere else. two months ago, i met a girl (let's just called her ABC) at my workplace who claimed that she was part of famous dance team in my country. she told me a lot about how proud she was, i should come to see her practicing sometimes, and blah blah blah. what she didn't know that i actually have friend who is the real dancer at that dance team. i straightly asked my friend if this was true that she danced there. My friend got confused and asked her name. when i gave her name (ABC), my friend laughed so hard. he told me that girl was actually cleaning officer at studio where my friend and his teammates practiced :confused:

not only in cheerleading, it also happens at somewhere else. two months ago, i met a girl (let's just called her ABC) at my workplace who claimed that she was part of famous dance team in my country. she told me a lot about how proud she was, i should come to see her practicing sometimes, and blah blah blah. what she didn't know that i actually have friend who is the real dancer at that dance team. i straightly asked my friend if this was true that she danced there. My friend got confused and asked her name. when i gave her name (ABC), my friend laughed so hard. he told me that girl was actually cleaning officer at studio where my friend and his teammates practiced :confused:
I just don't see how she would think that's okay! I would be embarrassed! But I guess some people just don't care.

There's a girl that I went to school with last year that told every one she was on our senior 3 team.... even though I was on the team and knew quite well that she wasnt.

She told me that my coach gave her comp videos to learn the routine..... yeah ok.
That's basically what happens around here a lot. But for example, and this is just ONE of the girls that has done this, but a girl kept uploading pictures and videos of the team she claimed to be on and people from that exact gym and team found out and called her out on it and she still claimed to be a part of it. That was just one girl and one instance though.

A girl started following CP on instagram. She commented to my CP that she was on a certain team at our gym. That's CP's team. CP was like :rolleyes: - oh really, funny I've never heard of you.

What makes these kids think athletes don't know the other kids at their gym - especially on the same team??

There were a couple of girls on my school cheer team that lied more about skills...
One girl claimed to be ICE Lightning's point Flyer and have a double when absolutely neither of these statements were true and another had claimed to cheer on international open 6 at some gym which also was extremely untrue....

But in general, I think that saying you have xyz skills when really you have abc skills is more common

What makes these kids think athletes don't know the other kids at their gym - especially on the same team??
I wonder that, too. There's a girl who cheers at another gym that told CP and her friends that she was on a particular team and was center flyer. Um, we see them quite often and she obviously was lying (knew that going in, though). When confronted, the girl denied ever saying it. A couple of other girls pulled out their phones and said " what about these texts?" ( wish I could insert the cow here).
I feel bad for kids like this. Having to live a make believe life is awful.

cp found pictures of herself that we're taken from a distance... you couldn't really see her face clearly on a schoolmates Facebook who had tagged herself in the photos. She went around school claiming to be on certain cheer teams when we know she doesn't even cheer. When cp confronted her all about her lies she just apologized and said it wouldn't happen again. Then We went on vacation in Hawaii and the same kid was posting Hawaii pics from google images at the same time stating she was also in Hawaii... Very creepy I have blocked the little psycho from all of our social media.
The scary thing is she lives a few doors up the street from us and was trying to chat up CPs older brother a week ago.

cp found pictures of herself that we're taken from a distance... you couldn't really see her face clearly on a schoolmates Facebook who had tagged herself in the photos. She went around school claiming to be on certain cheer teams when we know she doesn't even cheer. When cp confronted her all about her lies she just apologized and said it wouldn't happen again. Then We went on vacation in Hawaii and the same kid was posting Hawaii pics from google images at the same time stating she was also in Hawaii... Very creepy I have blocked the little psycho from all of our social media.
The scary thing is she lives a few doors up the street from us and was trying to chat up CPs older brother a week ago.
Have you taken this any further? That seems more than a little odd. I'm not a mother, but I would be very uncomfortable with someone doing that to my child. Especially if it got any worse.

That's what I'm wondering. I actually find it really sad that they don't think about that or rather don't care about it when they make up this lie. I start to wonder if they are just unhappy with their lives, wanna be "popular", want attention, ect.

I just started helping a high school team in our area, the coach told me she had a girl that cheered all-stars. When I got there I asked the girl where she cheered, she told me she cheered at my gym and was on my team (I've never seen this child before). I politely told her that has missed a lot of practices.

I just started helping a high school team in our area, the coach told me she had a girl that cheered all-stars. When I got there I asked the girl where she cheered, she told me she cheered at my gym and was on my team (I've never seen this child before). I politely told her that has missed a lot of practices.
I can't even imagine the feeling going through her at that moment. Or how you for that matter!

Back