All-Star Mac's Cheer Gym

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 22, 2013
My daughter is going to Mac's Cheer Gym here in Utah.

Mac's seems to have a pretty decent record with a good amount of National wins & going to worlds for the 7th time, and placing 3rd in one of their divisions this year. They were the only cheer gym in Utah to bring two teams to worlds this past season!

Just out of curiosity, how many of you know about Mac's Cheer? Anyone look forward to watching Mac's Teams? What is your honest opinion of them, if you have one?

Ps: Honest discussion, I won't get defensive. lol :p

I have met Mac and have been following their teams for a number of years.

I have a lot of respect for the owners, program, and kids for developing as much as they have in a non-saturated market.

The Shark version of the Fierce Board app

Mac's is one of the best programs for many reasons. 1. Mac is awesome and loves his kids and that dedication is very apparent. 2. Mac and his coaches have a great ethical code they live by in the gym. They are always respectful , gracious and encouraging to other teams. 3. They have a great structure of teaching their kids great skills.

If I lived in Utah there would be no question where I would want to work or where I would want to send my child. Great choice. Enjoy your season!

I had never heard of them before worlds last month. We watched the 1st performance of their small coed team and my cp and I were blown away. To watch the, go on and perform 3 amazing routines was just phenomenal. And I felt like I was watching our kids. Just real kids out there working together. They brought me to tears.

I as well hadn't heard about them until Worlds (I don't follow that division very closely), but when I saw their performance I was truly blown away! Their tumbling was actually incredible and they came out as the most entertaining in their division in my opinion :)

Mac's seems to have a pretty decent record with a good amount of National wins & going to worlds for the 7th time, and placing 3rd in one of their divisions this year. They were the only cheer gym in Utah to bring two teams to worlds this past season!

Just out of curiosity, how many of you know about Mac's Cheer? Anyone look forward to watching Mac's Teams? What is your honest opinion of them, if you have one?

We warmed up and competed with them several times this year and we love them! Them were all so very nice.

I've known Mack for a number of years. He runs a top notch program. I had the opportunity to visit with them a couple of years ago when I was in Salt Lake City on business. It's a nice setup and I think you and your cp will be very happy.

Edited to add: Mack can still do most of the tumbling that he teaches! Ask for a demo!

I have always enjoyed their teams. Seems like a good program. Coaches/owners might want to speak to some girls on their level 5 teams about rudely bashing other teams while sitting in the airport clad in team gear! You never know who might be sitting right next to you incognito ;)

Never heard of them before Worlds (but then realized they were the gym with the team who beat Smoed at the comp they said was cursed; sorry can't remember which one it was). Were fantastic at Worlds and so refreshing to see a team we did not know about previously do so well in such a terrific division.

I have always enjoyed their teams. Seems like a good program. Coaches/owners might want to speak to some girls on their level 5 teams about rudely bashing other teams while sitting in the airport clad in team gear! You never know who might be sitting right next to you incognito ;)

I'm sorry...that's really disheartening. I had one of the older girls give me a dirty look when I was helping my daughter during a water break. I just chalk it up to her being a bratty teenager. However, that really shouldn't be an excuse. Overall though, everyone else has been wonderful and Mack's wife Janet is a total sweetheart. You can tell how much they really do love what they do. They seem like a really wonderful couple.

I've been aware of them for several years, though only got to see their teams perform live at Worlds. I will say, I was impressed with their coed team this year. I've only ever heard nice things about the organization.

I remember hearing about them back when I was in middle school while watching UCA nationals on ESPN. I'm a fan and can't wait to see what they put out on the floor this year!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Never heard of them before Worlds (but then realized they were the gym with the team who beat Smoed at the comp they said was cursed; sorry can't remember which one it was). Were fantastic at Worlds and so refreshing to see a team we did not know about previously do so well in such a terrific division.
I think it was Desert Storm who beat them a couple of year in a row at Palm Springs, If I recall correctly from the show

I believe it was their Small Coed 5? Not sure, but was pleasantly impressed by a certain team from this gym at Worlds! It seems as tho they came out of nowhere! Or my eyes just weren't open! ;)

Back