All-Star Michigan All-star Cheer Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 24, 2013
Next year I will be moving to Alma, MI for college but I am currently 17 and technically could do 2 more years of All-star Cheerleading. I'm just looking for a gym with a level 5 team that goes to Worlds in April. I've been doing cheer since I was 6 and I'm just not ready to leave it quite yet. Can anyone suggest some gyms?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Next year I will be moving to Alma, MI for college but I am currently 17 and technically could do 2 more years of All-star Cheerleading. I'm just looking for a gym with a level 5 team that goes to Worlds in April. I've been doing cheer since I was 6 and I'm just not ready to leave it quite yet. Can anyone suggest some gyms?

It depends on how far you're willing to drive. Michigan Xtreme (Plymouth), Elite Cheer Michigan (Chesterfield), & Midwest Xplosion (Commerce) are the only teams I know of that took teams to Worlds this past season, but they are all a good two hour drive from Alma. Vizion also fielded a Sm Sr 5 this season, but they're located in Shelby Township, which is still a two hour drive.

I can't help you with gyms but I go to camp at Alma every summer and it's super nice there! Their cheer team probably isn't the caliber you're looking for, but their coach is super sweet. And if you're willing to take the drive then Michigan Xtreme is probably your best bet, since I know a couple girls that make the two hour drive there.

Midwest Xplosion, Michigan Extreme & Elite all fielded level 5 at Worlds this past season - Midwest Xplosion was the highest scoring of the 3 - Vizion did not field a Worlds team but took their restricted to the Summit. While obviously I would love to see you come to Midwest Xplosion my daughter is on their level 5 they are all excellent programs. But if you're willing to make the 2 hour drive or would like information Contact Wendy @ Midwest 248-438-6861 we absolutely love it here

Thank you! I'm going to be checking out the gym in late August, hopefully the drive is bearable enough to do the rest of the cheer season!

That's awesome did you contact Wendy? Right now the girls are only practicing 2 days Sunday and Thursday evenings. It changes in the summer and back to Sunday Thursday in the fall.

There's a new program opening up in my town! It's their first year so they probably won't make it to worlds but right now they're looking to field an IOC5 team. I'm probably 45 min away from Alma so it wouldn't be a ridiculous drive.

Michigan Storm Cheer and Dance
Hey I just saw this and wanted to reply. I'm the director at Michigan Storm cheer and dance. We do have an IOC5 team and an IOAG team as well. 989-529-2091 is my cell, and my email is [email protected]. Our gym is in Midland and we are only about 45 min from Alma. Let us know when you're in town!

There's a new program opening up in my town! It's their first year so they probably won't make it to worlds but right now they're looking to field an IOC5 team. I'm probably 45 min away from Alma so it wouldn't be a ridiculous drive.
Hey thanks for the reference!! By the way, if you live in Midland, you should come check us out;) email me and I'll send you a packet! [email protected]

I figured although I'm a little late with seeing this post I would still reply for those interested in All Star Gyms in Michigan. I'm pretty familiar with most of the gyms named. My 3 CP's went to one that was mentioned for many years and 1cp now does HS Comp cheer and I have 2 CP's that have begun transitioning to another gym. I strongly recommend that when researching gyms, look beyond all the trophies, and ignore the "been to worlds 4 times", ect....I also will never bash any gym and know that everyone had their own "way" of coaching or running their facility. It depends on your location also! For ex...I know the owners of Capital Cheer, and actually one was my middles cp at one time. The are not in the Metro Detroit area, but looking at their progression, I would recommend them. As you go closer to the Detroit area, I would suggest that just because a team has went to Worlds, I would ask about the "bid" and also where did they place. There is a big difference. I will use Vizion as an ex....they only accept paid bids and have passed up the others. I know that they have received 3 paid bids to the Summit this season and I'm not sure how many last. I do know that they are also written about as being very underestimated. I can say that the owner/coach is extremely dedicated and is very hands on. Just do your research and ask the right questions!!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back