All-Star Mid Atlantic Cheer--wildwood, Nj 3/5-3/6

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 16, 2015
I'd be interested in hearing reviews on this competition as well as suggestions on the hotels/motels in the area since it's a stay to play competition. The list of hotels/motels on the venue site are definitely all local and not the major chains i.e. Hilton, Marriott. etc.

Things might have changed (hopefully) since the last time we went, but we had very little nice to say about this competition. I can't remember what the threads were titled, but there were quite a few about this competition company as a whole. Not many seemed very pleased with them.

We have always rented a condo for that comp. not happy with comp last March! Especially when I saw a text from an athlete that was told Fr night at practice " don't worry about it u got the full paid". Do what u can do They did get it of course!

as @cheermomforever said, the slogan "may the best team win" doesn't really apply for this EP. The fact that there are several well respected, big name gyms who are in the NY/NJ area and don't attend these bid comps speaks volumes.

Things might have changed (hopefully) since the last time we went, but we had very little nice to say about this competition. I can't remember what the threads were titled, but there were quite a few about this competition company as a whole. Not many seemed very pleased with them.

I got that impression from just checking out the janky website and the hotel accommodations that were mandatory. I don't have a good feeling about this one...

We have always rented a condo for that comp. not happy with comp last March! Especially when I saw a text from an athlete that was told Fr night at practice " don't worry about it u got the full paid". Do what u can do They did get it of course!

YIKES!!! and this is a Worlds bid event so that's the only reason why my CP gym is attending. MY CP is not on a Worlds team, but I would rather attend a Summit bid event.

as @cheermomforever said, the slogan "may the best team win" doesn't really apply for this EP. The fact that there are several well respected, big name gyms who are in the NY/NJ area and don't attend these bid comps speaks volumes.

I checked out the results from 2015 and I was surprised to see that none of the gyms in that area attended. That was a big eye opener. Darnit.... I wish our gym would do a better job of selecting competitions.

We've gone past few seasons. As @cheermomforever mentioned, the outcome has been somewhat predictable.

There are some hotels in Cape May but right near the venue are all rentable condos.

We are not attending this year and I am very happy about that.

On the plus side I'm pretty sure the EP's own teams aren't competing there any longer.

**Her name was Lola, she was a show girl**
They didn't compete there last season if I remember correctly. The EP's daughter though sat with the judges wearing a sweatshirt from the above mentioned team which earned their full paid bid.

There are no "chain" hotels with the exception of Days Inn in Wildwood.. all are Motels.. Cheertech is what it is.. A local event with Worlds bids. I never knew it was stay to play as we have always rented a house when we went to that event.

I'd be interested in hearing reviews on this competition as well as suggestions on the hotels/motels in the area since it's a stay to play competition. The list of hotels/motels on the venue site are definitely all local and not the major chains i.e. Hilton, Marriott. etc.

There are no "chain" hotels with the exception of Days Inn in Wildwood.. all are Motels.. Cheertech is what it is.. A local event with Worlds bids. I never knew it was stay to play as we have always rented a house when we went to that event.

Our gym put out the info stating it was stay to play along with links to book motel rooms. I just revisited the EP website and I don't see anything stating stay to play. Oh well, it's not like there were many great motel/hotel choices in the area anyway. Just hope we don't come home with a last place win and bed bugs :eek::eek:

Back