Money

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 13, 2016
How much money on average do your athletes pay per season (camp, clothing, fees, etc.)

How much do you expect them to fundraise?

My experience on the east coast was expensive- roughly $1000 (sideline & comp) each year of high school. Now where I coach it is roughly $300-400. However, I am noticing with that budget deficit we lack in equipment, and apparel (They've had the same uniforms for a few years now, but since they buy their own they wait like 4 years before buying new ones). Which don't get me wrong I understand it needs to be affordable! But I am wondering maybe if we can expect them to fundraise more.

You'd have to talk with your athletic director. At my daughter's school, it is $300 roughly for the year. They do not purchase their uniforms. Just the crop, spanks, shoes, camp, poms, and one practice set of tee shirt and shorts. They also do not compete.

They do a fundraising car wash in the summer and then they do a Kick for Cash at the homecoming game. They sell tickets for $2 each, I think? and then draw a ticket and that person gets to try to kick a field goal for $2500.

I am not sure of the numbers, but our high school is extremey competitive. They also raise a ton of money thru hosting a local competition (which is right before the rec season Nationals) . They also do two camps for the rec (feeder) teams. One is a week long and focuses on summer skills. The other is usually one day in the fall focusing on cleanup for the rec teams.

How much money on average do your athletes pay per season (camp, clothing, fees, etc.)

How much do you expect them to fundraise?

My experience on the east coast was expensive- roughly $1000 (sideline & comp) each year of high school. Now where I coach it is roughly $300-400. However, I am noticing with that budget deficit we lack in equipment, and apparel (They've had the same uniforms for a few years now, but since they buy their own they wait like 4 years before buying new ones). Which don't get me wrong I understand it needs to be affordable! But I am wondering maybe if we can expect them to fundraise more.

Our program was $1275 this year (down from $1500 last year) and I know we are on the lower end for southern California. In terms of fundraisers, we have individual ones that the girls can use to help pay their costs and team fundraisers that help cover things like comp fee's, team things, and banquet. We expect each fundraiser to raise about $250 and we do 2 a month during the school year.

Hmm interesting! Thanks everyone for your input! I grew up paying $1000 (roughly) between sideline for Football, and competition. It's been a bit of an adjustment here where parents won't really pay much- by no means do I expect them to pay $1k like I did (or those of you in CA apparently as well) but it is a struggle when we need equipment and practice attire.

I can't comment about our high schools, but I charge $200 per year, plus shoes if needed. We do 1 mandatory fundraiser per year, and that money goes towards uniforms. We get new ones every 5 years, but the school owns them, so the kids don't buy their own. It includes shirt, bow, music, competition entry fees and our insurance fee. I usually also pull out a year end party too with a year end gift (different shirt, bags, sunglasses, etc.)

Cheer is apparently expensive here. Our high school programs run anywhere from about $2000 for public high schools that don't build or compete to about $3500 at a private school that is nationally competitive in their division. That's 3 unis the girls pay for, warmups for cold games, shoes, poms, and sleep away camp. Some programs pay more on top of these fees to bring in outside coaches or use gym facilities. Middle school cheer at CPs school was $850 this year, one uniform.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's been a while for me, but sideline and competition were completely separate teams.

For sideline, we paid roughly $500 when we made the team in the spring which included NCA Camp (alternated away/at home each year), 4 practice sets with bows, a game day bow, and sneakers. New girls also paid ~$300 for body suits, megaphones, warm ups, rain jacket, windbreaker, earmuffs, gloves, socks, etc. but they were all one time purchases unless you lost an item or grew out of them.

Competition fees and transportation were paid by our school for all local/state competitions. We traveled for an NCA National that was almost entirely covered by a local competition we hosted for other schools and rec teams.

Uniforms were paid for and owned by the school. Some years I paid for alterations, some years it was a non-issue. Optional Varsity Letterman jacket if/when you reached that level was about $375 with customization.

Back