OT Most Important Thing About Fierce Board? (For The Future)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

JBS

Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Oct 3, 2021
Many of you have already noticed that there are changes going on around here. With the future comes change... however... what Fierce Board is and was is also very important.

I believe that a forum is something that is driven by its community. The most important thing about any forum is its members.

If you could only pick one thing about Fierce Board that is the most important thing to you... what would it be?

And yes... I understand that there may be more than one thing... so post those too... after all... it's a forum. There are great moderators here... but there's no algorithm that will automatically hide your post from certain people and show it to others... so be honest.

• Admin
Also... please rest assured that the reorganization of the forums has not removed any threads. If you had permission to a thread before... then you should still have access to it now.

Just look here if you cannot find it...

Talking with other cheer parents. Is the cheer parents forum going to stay archived??

ETA: It does appear that some forums are missing, as the cheer parents area had an anonymous section that has had responses more recently than March 2020 but is not showing up on there.

Last edited:
  • Admin
ETA: It does appear that some forums are missing, as the cheer parents area had an anonymous section that has had responses more recently than March 2020 but is not showing up on there.
The "Ghostwriter" section is currently disabled. I can turn it back on so you can see the posts... however... it will not be usable at the current time as the add-on that allowed the anonymous posting had to be disabled. All of the posts in that section that were posted as "anonymous" are still "anonymous" though.

EDIT: Now you should be able to see that section if you had access before.

Last edited:
  • Admin
Talking with other cheer parents. Is the cheer parents forum going to stay archived??
Sorry... forgot to answer this part. Parents are a very very important part of this site. A parents section will be back in some way. Just not totally sure how it will be designed yet. I would love to hear feedback as to what you would like?

While anonymous posting will most likely not be a thing anymore... a parent area will.

Sorry... forgot to answer this part. Parents are a very very important part of this site. A parents section will be back in some way. Just not totally sure how it will be designed yet. I would love to hear feedback as to what you would like?

While anonymous posting will most likely not be a thing anymore... a parent area will.
Thank you. The anonymous posting was nice because there are people on here from the same gyms and even in the parents' section you don't always want to give away who you are for fear of backlash. But I understand if it can't be done anymore and there are groups on the other FB with anonymous options.

Is this revamp an attempt at getting the board more active again? I am all for that.

Thank you. The anonymous posting was nice because there are people on here from the same gyms and even in the parents' section you don't always want to give away who you are for fear of backlash. But I understand if it can't be done anymore and there are groups on the other FB with anonymous options.

Is this revamp an attempt at getting the board more active again? I am all for that.

I’m trying to spread the word. I would love to see the board active again. Once all the updates are done, I’m gonna share it in my college cheer Facebook group.

Uh oh... that sounds interesting.

Some of the old threads were gold. They can't go away!
I agree with @emo_wifey - the anonymous feature is necessary. Parents suck and are also better than the FBI and will find out who the user is, screenshot the comments and send them to the gym owners in hopes that Suzie will be point flyer and it has sadly resulted in a few kids being removed from the gym simply due to a parent posting a (often legitimate) concern. A few of us fierceboard oldies admin a facebook group and it has happened multiple times. We now have an anon post option to help allow freer discussion.
@JBS I'm not sure how to bring back the popularity of the boards. Hopefully whoever you are, you have enough contacts within the industry and knowledge of allstar cheer (not discounting high school, rec and college but it has not been a big part of the boards in the past). I wish you luck!

I'm not sure how to bring back the popularity of the boards.
Forums still serve a great purpose on the internet... especially sites like this that are very specific to a topic.

It's not about bringing back the popularity... it's just about bringing back some more activity. Once people start posting more... others will post... people will talk and learn and share information. The site will slowly come back to life... it will happen.

Back