Multiple Back Handsprings

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 27, 2010
So I have a solid standing back handspring and roundoff back handspring, and I want to get roundoff two/ standing two. Is it like a roundoff bhs, except you just keep pushing through? Any tips/ help? Thanks :)

yeah basically. after the first handspring get your chest & arms up (& locked) & go for the second one! it's honestly not hard my friend taught me how at practice one day after i told her i didn't know how! it might feel awkward or choppy at first but as you practice it'll get more fluent! good luckk:)

Angles. Snap the feet all the way through to where you put your hands for the first back handspring. It won't happen because of the backwards momentum that you already have, but try and aim for that so that your second handspring will be nice and long.

yeah basically. after the first handspring get your chest & arms up (& locked) & go for the second one! it's honestly not hard my friend taught me how at practice one day after i told her i didn't know how! it might feel awkward or choppy at first but as you practice it'll get more fluent! good luckk:)

ok thanks!

use the tumble track!
i could never do standing two until i went on the tumblr track.

start with one, pause, then throw another one. they start to elliminate the pause in the middle. you will get used to it and more comfortable.. good luck! :)

make sure you keep your arms by your ears the whole time!
and really focus on snapping down HARD with your 1st backhandspring, so you will land with your chest up, ready to start your 2nd one!

after ur first backhand spring try to land in a position where ur arms are in front of you and ur sitting back, then do ur ssecond back handspring with out swinging ur arms (its okay if you pause in the middle at first) then once you get that to make them faster flick ur wrists when ur in ur handstand position/about to snap down

make sure that you land your first back handspring with your feet in front of you, arms at your ears and chest up!

use the tumble track to do it. if you can do a ro bhs you can probably do multiple bhs. once you have it on the tumble track get spot on floor but remember not to do it like you would on the tumble track , push harder and snap out of your hand stand because you wont get much bounce out of the spring mats/ hard floor.

have a lot of power in the roundoff and run/hurdle make sure u snap up outa the first one and push thru the 2nd one.. if u can do one u can do five

if you have the power as soon as your hands hit the ground in the first backhandspring push back dont think of them as two seperate skills!

Back