Music Music With A Magic Theme

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 29, 2013
Hello All,

I have a youth level one team and we are wanting to do a Magic theme for their music this year! Any ideas? and What section would you put the music in?!
Thanks
MVE Coach

Well there is a song called I've got the magic in me (well I think that's what it is called) by B.o.B. My rec team did it one year and it was really good.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

My school did a magic theme before I got there, so here's that!
Do you believe in Magic? by Aly and AJ is cute and would sound great in a youth routine!
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
Magic by Never Shout Never (I'd use the line "I've got a couple of tricks hidden up my sleeve" before stunts or in the opening? It would have to be sped up though)
You could also use Bibbity Bobbity Boo from Cinderella! It would be super cute. One line is like "It'll do magic believe it or not, bibbitty bobbity boo!" And you could change it to like "We'll do magic" instead of "it'll do magic"

Ross Lynch - Illusion *for stunts,dance or jumps depending on part of song used*
Austin & Ally - Illusion Full (Lyrics) - YouTube

Just an idea as well: If you are doing a magic theme, you should incorporate some optical illusions/ "magic" into the routine choreo as well! (Example: "magic" scorpion to overstretch hip stunt, "magically" moving formations, illusions in dance,etc.)

I did a magic routine for a Youth Rec team last season:

You can listen to it there. Some songs include:
Oh oh oh It's Magic-Selena Gomez
Do You Believe In Magic- Lovin Spoonful
Some Call it Magic-Raven Symone
Magic-Olivia Newton John

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I really wanted to choreograph a dance to the chorus of this song but I have no place to use it this season. It might be a little fast but it's a really catchy song and I think they used it in Shake It Up.

Move Like Magic by Adam Trent

Back