All-Star Naccc - Doral

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I

imrichhowboutu

I don't recall seeing a thread on this.

Did anyone attend? Was anything noteworthy discussed?

From what I understand every issue that has ever been discussed here was brought up. I think the Fierce Board even made an appearance (along with several of my ideas I have posted... woohoo! the coaches read)

Did they video? I really enjoy watching what the coaches say..gives me an insight into why things turn out the way they do.

Not that I know of. Which is a shame. I would like to discuss what we all think should happen.

Some big points are universal scoresheet and universal rules enforcement.

Also Universal Warmup Rooms - Either competitions conforming to the WOrlds Warmup or the Worlds Warmup Conforming to a Three Matt Warmup!

Also Universal Warmup Rooms - Either competitions conforming to the WOrlds Warmup or the Worlds Warmup Conforming to a Three Matt Warmup!

Did you go?

I have a solution for warmups which I think would be great for ALL involved. All warmups are required to be at LEAST 12 minutes. Of those 12 minutes at least 4 of them must be on a full floor and at least 4 of them offer spring floor for 60 feet.

This way places with only room for two full matts can warmup one way, and places with three stations another. So you have flexibility in how to setup the warmup, but you know your team will get at least 12 minutes.

There were many suggestions about warm ups, but I think the MAIN purpose of that discussion was to have a MINIMUM requirement for warm ups. Basically so those company's that can't fit a proper/safe floor set up can't use that venue.

I was there and let me say it was very informative and everyone if you are a usasf/naccc member if you belong to a gym currently or not or you judge etc you should plan to attend because its very knowledge worthy.

Nice. I had day job work. Though Miami would have been a nice break!

Haha. I just couldnt get the people to email me back in a timely manner to meet the deadline on booking a room with the package.... Next year perhaps....

Looks like some interesting things were discussed. Some things were mentioned in June's First Friday.

http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/usasf/first-friday-june-2011/2011061301/#4

Topics included:
Open 6 and Open 4
Suggested age minimum for all senior divisions
Changing the minimum age to 13 for 2013
Just a side not, but it was discussed that the Age Grid can change yr to yr, but RULES are every 2 years. Meaning there was talk of changing this sooner rather than later. Also, mention of the ID system AND requiring ALL athletes become USASF members within the next three years, all hot topics but WORLDS, Bottom ages for ALL divisions and judging seemed to be the hot topics.

Haha. I just couldnt get the people to email me back in a timely manner to meet the deadline on booking a room with the package.... Next year perhaps....
I didn't stay at the Resort, the meeting was free. So if in the future you don't hear back, there are other hotels close by. BUT after seeing Doral, I will be staying AT the resort next year. I think this next year will be much bigger due to the voting slate.

Back