All-Star Navarro in the news again

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The whole thing is horrifying. You would hope as a parent that when you send your children off to college, their coach at a minimum would be in their corner if something should go wrong. It does not seem with what has been released so far that this was this case at all. I feel so awful for this girl but I am very proud of how brave she is being. Time to clean house and attempt to do right by this girl.

at this point, if the school isnt willing to punish the cheer team as a whole, or fire some of the coaching staff. Then i cant imagine why any school, or cheer program would help them with recruiting in the future. I wouldnt want to send my kid or athlete, etc to a program that cant take any form of accountability for their athletes behavior or failure to have any accountability for their program. Further more, why doesnt navarro seem to have a code of conduct in place for athletes. between the hazing, the rumors of blackface, now documented sexual harassment, and yet the athletes and staff and school seem unbothered. And it doesnt matter if they didnt know or find out till later, once they found out or heard stories, is when punishments should have taken place till further investigated. While the prestige of programs and wins are what draws people in, i think as an adult leading a bunch of young adults, you should at least take some seriousness in continuing to lead young adults into being educated, well rounded adults. Not sit back and throw your hands up and say "well all i care about is winning, i dont care what you do outside these four walls..." hazing is EVERYWHERE, i get it, but if you found out about a hazing ritual regardless of how innocent it was, and that it supposedly made some people uncomfortable, that should have been a good moment to lay down some punishment. While i dont like to see anyone get fired from their job when they have had so much physical success. I dont think she can continue to play the victim any longer. You have that many athletes, year after year, and that much drama constantly going on, there is no way you didnt have any knowledge..........

Incredibly sad, and I'm glad to see the outrage. For too many years we have been in denial, and I'm not talking specifically Navarro or cheer, but every college campus, sport, HS, church, workplace, etc.

What I will say, people aren't very forgiving of those who the victim has confided in. It is equally hard to process a heinous crime when you think you know and trusted the accused as a "kind, protective, do anything for you, type of person," who is friend or co-worker in your community.

As far as campus police...they see a lot of drunk young adults and a lot of crime is reported. "No," I don't believe they take ANY reports as seriously as they should.

The above reasons are why I firmly believe these crimes should NOT be reported to anyone in that specific community. "Denial" has, and always will be, a psychological protection to trauma (this includes finding out someone you know/like/love committed a heinous crime), and denial is the number one reason change doesn't and won't happen. While it may be easier for the victim to report to someone in the community, it does not have a good history of providing change.

This series started with good vibe and positive impressions despite of harsh coaching. But after first season there was a scandal about Jerry... In the second season for me TVCC was nicer team. (I don't know if they have any problems, though.) And now this... It would be interesting to watch the whole series with our newest knowledge.

Aged out cheerleaders making TikToks about how everyone knew Navarro had shady things going on before the cameras ever showed up...
lol

Aged out cheerleaders making TikToks about how everyone knew Navarro had shady things going on before the cameras ever showed up...
lol
There have been constant allegations since 2018 and lots of all star and college cheerleaders are friendly with Navarro cheerleaders. It is no secret that the program has issues and none of them are new.
If this happened at a legitimate university the school would have at the very least placed the coaching staff on administrative leave until an investigation was completed. The fact that they have done nothing speaks volumes about the college. Monica being put on the ineligible list won't do much since college cheer isn't affiliated with USASF/USA cheer. She won't be able to attend NCA camp or Nationals if she is still on the list a year from now (although the enforcement of the ineligible list has been a joke).
I don't know if the allegations are true but the fact that the college has done nothing after so many publicized issues, and the fact that parents continue to send their kids there is beyond me.

Back