Necessities For Cheer Bags

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 25, 2012
Well, competitions have started, and I want to know what do you guys think are the necessities to bring to a cheer competition, what odd things (maybe for good luck) you keep in competition bags, and just whatever you keep in there that you always seem to use. :)

A couple of things that I always pack for CP and aren't mentioned often are juice boxes and fruit. Why? Her blood sugar (and others in the gym) can dip and those help her get through the day.
Safety pins are other must pack items. They are handy for so many things.

I'm setting up my bag for AASCF Nationals this weekend, so this is timely.

My list of necessities is pretty extensive and not appropriate for everyone, since I tend to carry enough stuff to fix an entire team (Uni students need several someones to carry the spare stuff, since they don't have parents to remember for them)

I have a paranoia list that I've constructed over time, that essentially boils down to 'if you have any duplicates of uniform and costume items, pack them'. Someone has always forgotten their shorts/poms/shoes/leotard/etc.

More practically, you can't go wrong with ice spray, strapping tape, safety pins, a sewing kit and scissors.
- Icespray for immediate pain relief
- Strapping tape for the obvious reasons, and because you can use it to reinforce uniform repairs and for emergency uniform fittings.
- Safety pins to hold things together. Too big skirts, ripped bags, your coach's sanity...
- Sewing kit for safer and more sturdy uniform repairs and fittings. (Not that I've ever done final fittings backstage at a comp when new costumes arrived late. Never. *shifty eyes*)
- Scissors for the sewing kit, for loose threads, for strapping tape.

The only problem with carrying a sewing kit is that once people know you have it, they expect you to do the emergency sewing!

I keep my blanket, my bow, a bunch of socks(idk why) hair ties, my makeup bag, granola bars, practice outfits, mini conair flat irons, and things like that ! hoped this helped :)

• Every. Single. Piece. of my uniform. We had various pieces and you never know what could happen.
  • Hairspray
  • Bobby pins
  • Extra hair ties
  • Shoes (obviously)
  • A bottle of water or some kind of beverage
  • Makeup
  • Snacks
  • Bows (they're on my zippers anyways..)
  • Sweats or something to coverup in afterwards
  • "girly" items in case of emergencies. I mean, you're on a team of mostly girls.. again, anything could happen.

I always make sure I have nail polish remover wipes. It never fails, someone always shows up with some florescent colored nail polish.

the obvious, my uniform, shoes, bow, makeup & hair stuff. I also like to sneak food in bahaha...if you put it in the cheerleader's bag, they normally don't take it! ;)

Chapstick, chapstick and more chapstick. If I don't put my chapstick on before I perform I might go crazy. And my lucky (well maybe?) lip gloss. Oh, and my ipod. Instead of socializing with my team on the bus to the comp I exile myself from everyone and listen to my power-up music.

• Uniform and shoes, bow, socks etc..
  • Training wear/cover ups
  • Plenty of water and snacks
  • Any supports/tape/scissors etc
  • Blanket
  • Ipod, phone, camera, tripod (I film)
  • Makeup, makeup wipes, hairspray, brush etc..
  • A book for the journey/ any homework hahaha

Everything. I carry everything. I am known as "mom" on my college team because I have everything.
Hairspray, sunscreen, lotion, chapstick, bobby pins, butterfly clips, combs, mini sewing kit, safety pins, athletic tape, a travel sized nail kit, hair ties, extra white no-show socks, extra bows, band aids, hand sanitizer, eyeliners, body mist, pen and paper, ace bandage, various braces, lipstick, ibuprofen, water, a spare change purse for vending machines, tissues, "girly" supplies, energy bars, mini nail polish remover, breath spray, floss, a towel, tide to go pen, deodorant, little moist towelette packets...
That's it. :rolleyes: Though I could be forgetting a few things...

The necessities I always take are:
  • Tracksuit top and jacket to go over my uniform
  • Lunch and lots of healthy snacks
  • 2 bottles of water
  • Hairspray
  • Hairbrush
  • Deodorant/body spray
  • Spare bobby pins and hairties
  • Make-up bag with foundation, blush, bronzer, mascara, eyeliner, lipstick and brushes
  • Money
  • Phone
  • Camera
  • Anything I might need if I get hurt/medicines, e.g. asthma inhaler, strapping tape.
Hope this helps!

I literally pack everything in my competition bag:
- Makeup, makeup wipes, bobbypins, hair ties, hairspray, brush, teasing comb, cotton buds, deodorant
- Uniform, shoes, bow, spare socks, sports bra, spandex, t-shirt, warmups
- Deep heat, deep freeze, ice pack, supports, mini first aid kit, athletic tape
- Gatorade, water, snacks, protein bar, protein shake
- Money, blanket, iPhone, iPod (that consists of just cheer music)

ETA- oh, and Jay Hollman's Facebook bookmarked to my phone so I can message him when I get nervous; always gives such amazing advice and boosts up my confidence!

My essentials are:
-FOOD
-water
-sports energy drinks
-makeup
-makeup wipes
-hair ties and bobby pins
-hairspray/glitter hairspray
-brush/comb/teasing comb
-deodrant
-uniform
-shoes