All-Star Need Your Opinions On High School Cheer Comp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 11, 2010
Brooke High competed at OVACs this past weekend, and lost. This year we blew everyone out of the water at regionals and won the WV State championship, beating the team that beat us at OVACs both times. A lot of people are outraged at our loss, and outraged with the way this competition is ran/judged, and now we need your help. Our coaches are trying to prove a point to the program, so we would like outside, unbiased opinions. PLEASE watch these videos and honestly tell us who you think the winners should have been.

Should have added my opinion, but I watched again.
In my opinion the first routine was, overall, a better routine. It was more about the transitions, the motions, and the everything in between the incredible tumbling. The second routine was all about the tumbling and nothing else, and I don't think the second team had enough of an advantage in the difficulty or execution of tumbling to beat the first team. Take this with a grain of salt as I have zero clue what this competition's scoresheet is like, but just from watching the two, that's how I feel.

I thought the winners in my opinion was Brooke the second video..
Had nice clean tumbling, timing looked good, to me they had more energy than the other team who I thought was still outstanding, compared to any HS team I've seen in Cali where I'm from, I saw couple tumbling errors with the team in white, but I'm stil in ahh with these teams throwing all that tumbling on that floor, I would be sure I don't eat it lol
And I'm upset they have Kyle blitch music ;) lol
But the second team in my opinion should had one very clean, liked all the team tumbling they did
(But how about some of that Cali Ace music??)

In my opinion the first team was better. Better choreo (all though I wasn't really hear for what I believe was a dance...I watched them both on mute) better transitions, better formations and I believe they had an advantage on cleanliness...I think their uniforms really helped them look cleaner from this far away.

But like chyeeaaa69 said...I don't know the score sheet.

I hope one day they get yall some mats.

After watching I saw positives of both. Team 1 (1st video) the transitions were a lot more visual and they really didn't stop at all.

Team 2 was a lot more synchro and there was a lot more power and emphasis on team skills.

I do not know the scoresheet however, by a slight margin, I feel team 1 may have had the edge.

Both had some amazing tumbling that is just extremely impressive!

I thought the teams were pretty much equally matched. Again, it's hard to say without seeing the scoresheet. From your music I am guessing you were reigning champions. Sometimes, unfortunately due to judges being people, it can be harder for the defending team as everyone is expecting perfection from them.

Both teams did an awesome job but unfortunately with competitive sports everyone can't be the winner. You just need to accept that it was that teams turn and use it to fuel the fire to work harder and come back next year leaving no doubt in the judges minds that you are above and beyond the other teams.

Again, both teams should be very proud of their performances!

I think they were both amazing. Brooke caught my eye a bit more with more energy, but WPHS had better choreo. I bet the scores were very close. You both had amazing tumbling and motions. Don't feel bad. You win some, you lose some. You could have lost by .5 of a point because one judge liked the other team better. It definitely wasn't an obvious defeat. At least you had a great season!

my whole body hurts after watching that...every other state can get mats...i don't understand who in there right mind thought that tumbling that intensely on a hard floor is not dangerous to your body. Sure it may not hurt now but you'll be regretting it later on in life.

didn't you used to full last season? guessing that rule changed. or i missed something.

while i'm glad they aren't stunting without mats, if you're allowed to tumble like that why can't you stunt? where is the logic?

and slightly rude sidenote* while you innocently may just be asking a general question, this post makes you look bitter. change your avatar to a picture where you aren't wearing a brooke uniform and i'll take this thread a little more seriously.

I swear Brooke used to stunt in the past. What happened to that?

Back