All-Star New Iasf Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is twisting the same as spinning? When i see that rule I’m thinking they mean the baskets Reckless has with the fulls. Or do they mean kick doubles?

Is there any explanation as to why a level 5 team cannot do twisting baskets? This is getting absurd lol. If level 5 int teams can’t do kick fulls or kick doubles then they shouldn’t be level five?
what’s even worse is that it’s ONLY international teams. so all senior teams still can, which makes absolutely no sense

The whole of the UK are outraged by this. That' like saying we are making the score sheet easier for the non US teams. Im Sorry but That's not what we want. We want to compete like everyone else does in America. On a real scoresheet. And I'm pretty sure we can handle kick doubles if not what are you doing at worlds.
And a tumble pass not getting scored if they tumble by themselves. And no point doing doubles. In the UK we have tumblers who can hang with Americans doing the dub whip dubs and stuff.

As a country I can safely say that no one agrees with these changes.

Is there any explanation as to why a level 5 team cannot do twisting baskets? This is getting absurd lol. If level 5 int teams can’t do kick fulls or kick doubles then they shouldn’t be level five?
I mean technically you can still do level 5 baskets, just can't twist. If you can somehow get 3-4 tricks in a basket (ball, pike, kick, toe touch, etc), that does make it level 5. But, I agree...

The thing that is getting me though is any basket besides twisting skills and the marks will be based on execution. So does this theoretically mean that full team straight rides based on the rubric if they were perfectly executed would score the same or more as a level 6 toss if performed better?

The whole of the UK are outraged by this. That' like saying we are making the score sheet easier for the non US teams. Im Sorry but That's not what we want. We want to compete like everyone else does in America. On a real scoresheet. And I'm pretty sure we can handle kick doubles if not what are you doing at worlds.
And a tumble pass not getting scored if they tumble by themselves. And no point doing doubles. In the UK we have tumblers who can hang with Americans doing the dub whip dubs and stuff.

As a country I can safely say that no one agrees with these changes.
This is the first thing I thought of when I saw the rules. I'm glad to know you are not in agreement. I'm wondering if it is due to the push to make it an Olympic sport and the need to even out the playing field? My oldest is on an IOC6 team and they have been practicing regularly for 3 months. Seems a bit unfair to change the rules on teams so late in the season - and even crazier that the bid events will likely be based on last year's rules, so huge changes needed to get a bid and then compete at Worlds.

This is the first thing I thought of when I saw the rules. I'm glad to know you are not in agreement. I'm wondering if it is due to the push to make it an Olympic sport and the need to even out the playing field? My oldest is on an IOC6 team and they have been practicing regularly for 3 months. Seems a bit unfair to change the rules on teams so late in the season - and even crazier that the bid events will likely be based on last year's rules, so huge changes needed to get a bid and then compete at Worlds.

You can safely know that we are all not in agreement. Our UK coaches Facebook group is going crazy right now.
I have just said on it that it feels like we are in a special diviion now for teams who can't be trusted to twist anymore

You can safely know that we are all not in agreement. Our UK coaches Facebook group is going crazy right now.
I have just said on it that it feels like we are in a special diviion now for teams who can't be trusted to twist anymore

Even though I'm nowhere near the worlds level and Im only on a level 2 UK university team - we've had former members of the squad go on to worlds teams. Everyone is losing their cool over this and my Facebook cheer feed has been ablaze with outrage since the changes were made public. Its a total joke and the IASF are slowly destroying the sport once and for all.

Back