New Level 4 Rules Help Please

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 31, 2010
can someone please tell me what exactly we can and cant do stunt wise...are tick tocks still legal ballups switch ups ....1/quarter ups HELLLP lol

I recommend re-reading the rules. Then say to your self, ok a tick tock is a release move that originates at prep level or above. Now let me check the rules. Oh ok you have to originate from ground level. Since a tick tock doesnt originate from the group level that is illegal.

1.25 up is a twisting entry with one and a quarter rotations. now check the rules. Oh look at that, you can do up to 1.5 twisting rotations if it is done at prep level or below. Oh, and you can do a single twist up to the top. So a 1.25 to prep, legal... 1.25 to extended, illegal.

i hate the new rules
I actually like the changes, I think these rules clearly separate level skills. If your team can stunt more advanced then maybe they should consider going level 5 bc if these stunt changes upset you that much then your team should consider a different level. Yes there are teams that stunt more advanced than they tumble and visa versa but I think this helps promote all-around progression!

I have a question about Level 4 release moves, @Andre or anyone else please help me out....

Would these skills be considered legal? I would say YES, providing they were not thrown above extended arm level:

1. Thrown from smoosh (sponge), 360 ball back to load position
2. Thrown from smoosh, 360 ball caught at tummy level in opposite leg stretch, switch up to extended heel stretch (back stays connected for switch up)
3. How about the Tsunami release move in the stunt sequence from this year? Thrown from smoosh, 360 ball caught at prep level split?

I understand that all of these would not be able to be thrown past extended arm level :) Just looking for your insight!

i have asked this question several times about level 4 and i have never gotten an answer (it has nothing to do with a rule change i have been asking it for two years now) So, I believe it was 4 years ago my Senior 4 team did straight up heal stretches, power pressed, and then did a kick single out of it (two skills) even though you cant double down (two skills) from one leg in level 4. We never got in trouble for it and I have seen other teams do this as well. Why is this legal?? Do they consider it a "creative" entry to a basket or are judges just turning the other cheek so to speak?

I have a question about Level 4 release moves, @Andre or anyone else please help me out....

Would these skills be considered legal? I would say YES, providing they were not thrown above extended arm level:

2. Thrown from smoosh, 360 ball caught at tummy level in opposite leg stretch, switch up to extended heel stretch (back stays connected for switch up)
3. How about the Tsunami release move in the stunt sequence from this year? Thrown from smoosh, 360 ball caught at prep level split?

I understand that all of these would not be able to be thrown past extended arm level :) Just looking for your insight!

I agree with you.

i have asked this question several times about level 4 and i have never gotten an answer (it has nothing to do with a rule change i have been asking it for two years now) So, I believe it was 4 years ago my Senior 4 team did straight up heal stretches, power pressed, and then did a kick single out of it (two skills) even though you cant double down (two skills) from one leg in level 4. We never got in trouble for it and I have seen other teams do this as well. Why is this legal?? Do they consider it a "creative" entry to a basket or are judges just turning the other cheek so to speak?

The Level 4 Dismount rules specifically limit the number of twists, but do not limit the number of skills unless you exceed 1.25 twists. Theoretically you could do a dozen kicks if you only twist once.

The Level 4 Dismount rules specifically limit the number of twists, but do not limit the number of skills unless you exceed 1.25 twists. Theoretically you could do a dozen kicks if you only twist once.
I'd love to see a dozen kicks before a twist, I'd even settle for a half dozen ;)

So would all of these be legal then?, they are starting at ground level, and not extending past extended arm level?

So would all of these be legal then?, they are starting at ground level, and not extending past extended arm level?

Yes to being legal, but none of them start at ground level. Smoosh is not considered ground level since the top person isn't touching the ground.

They are legal because they do not land in extended position... correct, @Andre? Thanks!

They are legal because they do not land in extended position... correct, @Andre? Thanks!

The 3 skills mentioned by IXCCoach are legal in Level 4 as long as they don't exceed or land in extended arm position.

Back