OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I saw We Came As Romans last night on their Tracing Back Roots tour AND IT WAS THE MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. If you like hardcore/metal music or if you just like music in general you need to check them out. I was going through an incredibly rough time this summer and they completely changed my life. Hardcore music isn't about stupid catchy lyrics, it's about a family and music community and everyone wants to help everyone else out. I love that about it so much.

I saw We Came As Romans last night on their Tracing Back Roots tour AND IT WAS THE MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. If you like hardcore/metal music or if you just like music in general you need to check them out. I was going through an incredibly rough time this summer and they completely changed my life. Hardcore music isn't about stupid catchy lyrics, it's about a family and music community and everyone wants to help everyone else out. I love that about it so much.
THIS! This is why I love the metal/hardcore/rock music scene.. It's all about caring for one another and being there for each other in times of need/hardship.

On a random note, MY BIRTHDAY IS THIS WEDNESDAY! I'm gonna be 19! yayy!

Ugh. I wish they still would let you sign up without a credit card on CheerLive. I just wanna watch the showcases, not those janky-town competitions they air during the season. just sayin.

I'm curious, anyone else's college have a limit on the number of classes you can drop during your undergraduate studies? My college limits us to six dropped classes for the period of time we're in college (no matter the amount of years), and I was just thinking to myself the other day, how many people I know would be totally angry with that policy because I know a lot of them who drop at least one or two classes a year (if not at least one per semester), and would hit that six class limit in about three years.
I think mine is 6 too, I haven't dropped any, granted I'm only a sophomore in college but I don't see how people drop classes so easily! I mean yeah, if it has nothing to do with your degree plans, but I would always talk to my professor and see if they'll help out before dropping it.

I think mine is 6 too, I haven't dropped any, granted I'm only a sophomore in college but I don't see how people drop classes so easily! I mean yeah, if it has nothing to do with your degree plans, but I would always talk to my professor and see if they'll help out before dropping it.
I have friends who will drop a class just because they didn't like it, or they sign up for extra in anticipation of dropping one of them. I've dropped two classes in my years of college, one because I was failing it and I figured a W was better than an F (human anatomy is a much harder class that I thought it would be, lol), and another because the class guidelines weren't going to work for me and decided to take another section of the class later that did.

Okay, so this year for Halloween, I'm planning on handing out full size candies to kids, but I'm not sure what kids like/are allowed to have these days. I was mainly planning on buying M&Ms. Does this seem like a safe choice? My niece can't have most candies because of her dairy/wheat/soy/egg allergies, so I'm not sure because she really only gets lollipops. I was thinking in addition to M&Ms, maybe buy a bag of lollipops for younger kids or kids with allergies to peanuts or dairy (allergies seem SO common now).

Okay, so this year for Halloween, I'm planning on handing out full size candies to kids, but I'm not sure what kids like/are allowed to have these days. I was mainly planning on buying M&Ms. Does this seem like a safe choice? My niece can't have most candies because of her dairy/wheat/soy/egg kids or kids with allergies to peanuts or dairy (allergies seem SO common now).
How about buying the Halloween rice crispy treats and individual bags of Halloween pop corn

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Okay, so this year for Halloween, I'm planning on handing out full size candies to kids, but I'm not sure what kids like/are allowed to have these days. I was mainly planning on buying M&Ms. Does this seem like a safe choice? My niece can't have most candies because of her dairy/wheat/soy/egg allergies, so I'm not sure because she really only gets lollipops. I was thinking in addition to M&Ms, maybe buy a bag of lollipops for younger kids or kids with allergies to peanuts or dairy (allergies seem SO common now).

This probably won't be very pc to say, but I'm saying it. It's not your job to cater to every new fangled allergy and dietary restriction out there. Just hand out your candy! The moms can sort it out later - any mom with kids with allergies is not going to just let them have their bag of candy without looking through it.

If you're really concerned, buy what you want and then also keep a few lollipops on hand in case someone asks.

This probably won't be very pc to say, but I'm saying it. It's not your job to cater to every new fangled allergy and dietary restriction out there. Just hand out your candy! The moms can sort it out later - any mom with kids with allergies is not going to just let them have their bag of candy without looking through it.

If you're really concerned, buy what you want and then also keep a few lollipops on hand in case someone asks.

You're right. I'm convinced that the gluten allergy is a government ploy anyway. People have been glutening it up for years and now all of a sudden they want you to spend 4 extra dollars on gluten free-ness.....okay.

I was going to bring cup cakes to my time for twos storytime the day after my birthday, and have a storytime about birthdays (me basically, so that from an early age they can learn about the most important day of the year) and for a brief period I was like "what about the parents that wont let their kid eat a cup cake?!" and then the reasonable voice of Erin that gives 0 f-----s was like "they can get up and leave...this aint about them"

My mom grew up with using carnation instant milk as formula....look at her...still living.

Back