OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Oh I’ve camped out in the break room at work before and watched Worlds while my coworkers side-eyed me in utter confusion. Because I go all out: sound on, volume up, singing along.

So I imagine it was weird to see an adult woman cry-singing “AND THIS IS OUR SOOOONG” in the middle of the workday. And even weirder when they asked, “Oh is that your daughter’s team?” And I was like “Lol no I don’t have kids.”

Worlds weekend on the boards is also the weekend during which I test out how much I can do while the arena or hall is on break.

Things I have done during breaks:

*Picked up my kid 20 min away.
*Done a grocery run that would normally take 45 min.
*Gotten a kid bathed and dressed for bed.
*Packed lunches.
*Picked up something from my mom's that would normally take me 30 min.

I wish I could be as productive in real life as I am during those 20 or so minutes.

Also, for any of you that were around back then, I am still happily married and my daughter got her backhandspring this week. Insanity. We are getting old ya'll.

..... waittttt, backhandspring? I didn't even know she was old enough to walk.

Sounds like you're on your way of finally watching Worlds live from the audience while cheering her on :)

Also, for any of you that were around back then, I am still happily married and my daughter got her backhandspring this week. Insanity. We are getting old ya'll.
How is that possible??

Am I missing something? USASF's bid recipients list doesn't include TGLC? It says they got a Bid to Worlds on Twitter but I can't find anything relating to them on the recipient's list.

Terrible daughter alert:

I just intentionally steered my mom toward the more local Moms Day brunch option as opposed to the one that takes forever and is 45-60 min away.

Because worlds.
This is pro level planning, well done. My daughter was very cute saying she was so happy Mother's Day is during Worlds so we can be together all day watching. Works for me!

I told DH all I want for mother's day is to be able to watch worlds all weekend without him complaining about it.

Adding on to this:

Husband: What do you want for Mothers Day?

Me: Some quiet time to spring clean and get the patio together would be nice. Hey you know that fishing spot you both really like? Maybe take Child late Sat-Sun? I heard Neighbor is going with his boys too.

Husband: Wow best spouse ever. So thoughtful of you to suggest a weekend away with Neighbor for 2 days, you sure you don't need help with the patio?

Me: Nope. Just want y'all out of my way so I can really clean it up and put my plants out.

Actually me this weekend: Stares at Flo Cheer all weekend yelling "are you kidding me!" Hastily hoses down patio on Sunday morning before brunch. Mops one room at a time on venue breaks. Rips tarps off patio furniture and hoses them down in a record 3 minutes between teams. Naps. Eats junk.

Brunch time proposal is same time as start of the competition on Sunday. Pls mom no.

I just texted the Mom Brunch Groupchat "Hey what time does it open?"

We will literally be standing outside the restaurant at 8:30 am if it means I am home by 10:30.

She was best friends with one of my younger cousins! It is such a sad and uncalled situation. I hope the boy held accountable for his actions and not given a slap in the wrist or get out of jail free card just for being 14.

It’s so disgusting all around. I’ve been bummed about it for the last few days. Not just her murder, but the way the media and the trolls are treating it.

We all know the media loves to throw the word “cheerleader” around for the sake of salaciousness even when it’s not remotely relevant to the story, and this incident is no different. But what that is doing here is making it sound like cheerleading had something to do with her death. Because now we’ve got trolls wondering, for instance, if she was in her uniform when it happened. Because for half of them that means she was “asking for it,” and for the other half it satisfies some kind of sick fetish. When in reality:

1. It doesn’t matter what she was wearing because MURDER IS ALWAYS BAD and people really need to stop looking for ways to blame girls and women for their own assaults/murders;

2. It happened on a Sunday so probably not, idiots;

3. Literally none of this even matters because a child is dead.

So anyway I think I’m going to suggest this story to one of my true crime podcasts to raise awareness and also maybe get some of the trolls at the center of it charged with interfering with a police investigation. I can’t imagine what their BS must’ve done to her family.

Back