OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Sad…disappointed…outraged…..shocked
None of those can fully describe how I’m feeling right now. God, please help people see the wrong and why it angers you. And can anyone who’s willing please pray for the millions effected.

Sad…disappointed…outraged…..shocked
None of those can fully describe how I’m feeling right now. God, please help people see the wrong and why it angers you. And can anyone who’s willing please pray for the millions effected.
I feel stupid for not knowing what's going on... What happened?

I feel stupid for not knowing what's going on... What happened?
Hey, it’s ok it’s not really a huge thing. It’s just something that happened with Someone I really looked up too that hit a little too close to home for me. It’s really controversial so I’d rather not get into details if I don’t have to as to not start arguments. but I would just really appreciate if people could pray for me

I think we have reached a new low in allstar cheer when parents are paying 13 year olds to give their kids virtual private lessons.:eek:

This concerns me because:

*Kids aren’t certified and they don’t have coaching experience.
*Just because you cheer Level 6 doesn’t mean your technique is good enough for kids to be learning.
*Injuries! Are you going to be okay being held liable? Do you have insurance?
*Do kids really need to be tumbling in the house?

There is a junior aged CEA athlete doing it most notably but I'm sure there are others.

I don’t… understand the need for this. I’m not going to a kid for virtual privates. First of all, just because she’s good doesn’t mean she’s qualified to teach. Those are two separate skills. And secondly, this particular kid has technique flaws I can see from a mile away. Which, of course she does because SHE’S 13. So yeah, I’m not sure why people are taking privates from her unless it’s just to say they did.

And that insurance angle is a fantastic point, one I don’t think the mom has thought of. What happens when the kid doesn’t communicate the skill properly — because again, she’s a kid — and her client falls and breaks something? Whose paying those medical bills? Who smells a lawsuit?

I had to call the non-emergency police number once for a dog bite on my hand I’d suffered at work, but it wasn’t so serious that I felt the need to drag paramedics away from actual emergencies. So I just asked the operator if she could walk me through wrapping it on my own until I could get to a doctor. She wouldn’t do it because of the lawsuit territory it might’ve put her in. That’s how much people don’t mess with this stuff, yet here we are.

Does anyone know anything abt east Kentucky university? I’m looking at possibly going to collage there because they have a great program for what I want my major to be! If any of y’all have any knowledge about the campus or there cheerleading program I would really appreciate it!

I don’t… understand the need for this. I’m not going to a kid for virtual privates. First of all, just because she’s good doesn’t mean she’s qualified to teach. Those are two separate skills. And secondly, this particular kid has technique flaws I can see from a mile away. Which, of course she does because SHE’S 13. So yeah, I’m not sure why people are taking privates from her unless it’s just to say they did.

And that insurance angle is a fantastic point, one I don’t think the mom has thought of. What happens when the kid doesn’t communicate the skill properly — because again, she’s a kid — and her client falls and breaks something? Whose paying those medical bills? Who smells a lawsuit?

1. All it takes is one kid to AIRTrack layout themselves into the glass patio door and it's a lawsuit!

2. i'm not sure what the pricing is but if I recall correctly, for the cost you could book a private or take a class AT THE GYM YOU PROBABLY ALREADY PAY TO ATTEND.

3. What even is a stretching private? Get a stretch routine from your coach that is free and safe.

4. What even is a workout/conditioning private? Again, conditioning suggestions and drills are free from the people you are likely already paying.

5. This is definitely a "just to say we did it" thing because if you maximize the time and services you already pay for in the gym, you have no need for tweenager private lessons.

So my younger sister is a minor and she is currently being bullied by a classmates mom on social media. The reason for the bullying is freaking school cheer related and it’s ridiculous if you ask me. My sister has no idea that I am aware of the situation and I wouldn’t have known about honestly if one of the videos the mom made appeared on my for you page/interests page or whatever you wanna call it. I live in a completely different state then her and my parents so I wouldn’t be able to have a in face conversation with her until I fly back to the us mainland.

What is the best way about handling this? I know our parents need to be informed of this stand the school, but I also don’t want to blind side her with it and cause her to possibly shut not only myself out but also our parents.

Back