All-Star No Tolerance For Underage Drinking At Worlds?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 27, 2010
So I had one of the worst experiences at Disney's Hollywood studios this weekend. Well the short version of the story is there was this group of french canadians at the worlds block party. They were a few groups behind us in line for one of the rides. They were screaming their music non stop. And then decided to scream the Canada national anthem, then back to their music. Everyone in line was so annoyed. They asked them to stop and of course they didnt. We finally got away from them when we reached the front of the line. We rode the ride and went and got in line for something else. Guess who shows up right behind us? That same group. Now that they were this close to us we could smell the alcohol on them. It was extremely heavy. They were pushing and falling everywhere and then they started screaming again. I turned around and screamed at the top of my lungs "OMG DO NOT START THAT AGAIN!!!" they looked extremely terrified and stopped for a few seconds. Everyone in front of me was mouthing thank you to me. Then they started back up. So my sister got out of line to get someone who worked there. She came back with the manager and the WHOLE line was clapping for us. The manager tried to get the group to go with him but they claimed they didnt speak english (even though everything they sang/screamed was in english) and ignored him and kept moving forward. So I stood in front of them and blocked their way, telling them they had to leave. One of the girls started to get in my sisters face and bob her head. So I stood in front of her (because I was protecting her) and started to tell that girl to back off. The manager took maybe 3 of them and found a whole cup of alcohol. Since the girls in line in front of us could tell I was about to hit the girl that was in my face, she pulled me up in line with her so I wouldnt get kicked out either. Nothing was really done about the situation so we left right after we got off the ride. USASF was supposed to have no tolerance for underage drinking this year. Yet nothing was done about it. So we reported it to our hotel manager and we hope something will be done. We are trying to find who to talk to from USASF so they will not be invited back next year.
Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this matter? I know what team it was too. Im not putting it in here to try to avoid embarassing them further. Was anyone else there that knows what group im talking about?

Sadly there was a LOT of underage drunks at the block party....I let my kids go but they go with me and dad!!!!

My sister felt so unsafe because it was a large group and she didnt know what they could do so we called our dad to come pick us up. It just bothers me that an employee found a cup FULL of alcohol and nothing was done. Its one thing to act drunk but to find that much of evidence and not get thrown out is beyond me.

Since the girls in line in front of us could tell I was about to hit the girl that was in my face, she pulled me up in line with her so I wouldnt get kicked out either.

If you're such a stickler for underage drinking you should be for violence as well ... just saying. Like it's been said I'm sure there was a lot of underage drinking and I'm afraid a complaint to USASF isn't going to magically fix the problem. I get you're frustrated because of a bad experience but some things can't be avoided. As far as them being uninvited to come back next year... Do you plan on USASF uninviting every gym that had underage girls drinking? Good luck having a Worlds next year

while we were waiting for the bus outside allstar music aloooot of people came up and waited with us and you could tell they had been drinking... some people even have alcohol with them- one girl was being really loud an obnoxious and she could hardly walk- the whole bus noticed it but no one did/said anything. from what i could tell no one really got in trouble or were even noticed.

If you're such a stickler for underage drinking you should be for violence as well ... just saying. Like it's been said I'm sure there was a lot of underage drinking and I'm afraid a complaint to USASF isn't going to magically fix the problem. I get you're frustrated because of a bad experience but some things can't be avoided. As far as them being uninvited to come back next year... Do you plan on USASF uninviting every gym that had underage girls drinking? Good luck having a Worlds next year

But I didnt hit her. Everyone said they were impressed with how well we handled the situation. The fact is that there was supposed to be NO tolerance for it. Theres a reason they got rid of the dance party. Obviously it fixed nothing. If they were that serious about it they shouldnt have let anyone who was drunk inside the park. It isnt that hard to tell. What people do at home is their own business but you should not be allowed to represnt your team and country like that at WORLDS. If you are caught you are supposed to not be invited back for the following year. Hopefully teaching some people a lesson. Its one weekend. Drink somewhere else. Other people are trying to enjoy their "family friendly" weekend at worlds.

My opinion: huge party, dj, dancing, disney, teens, people your meeting= underage drinking! i mean like if i went i would expect underage kids/teens to be drinking! smart of you to find someone/manager or whatever though. people who were drinking should of got in trouble for it!! but i mean if their not being annoying and they're drinking how will disney or usasf catch them? another thing, they should of had 2 parties...at 2 differnt times. one for younger kids/families and one for the teens so the younger kids didnt have to witness all of that stuff. now i dont know how alot of you will feel when i say this,but most 12 year olds dance and do alot of "bad" thing if you say. i know when i was 12, so many of girls/boys at my school were drinking at the ages of 12, 13, 14.

I was not at the worlds block party, but from stories i hear from my friends, it should be supervised and also another rule that you cant get in if you younger than a certain age without a parent/guardian/coach or an adult!!

well then again, i dont blame the the norm in other countries its okay for them to drink! were as well as like 3 more countries the only one to allow drinking past 21 everyone else is 18 and under or so. so i cant blame for what they were taught growing up that it was okay to drink and then come for a weekend and its not okay. i know its agianst our laws but we shouldnt hold it against them! and as far as U.S atheletes drinking thats the responsibility of the parents not USASF! there cheer and dance not alcohol prevention! If you see it you should report it to peace officers! thats my opinion

Right, and there was a thread on here about them getting rid of the dance party and the fact that while it may have had good intentions, people were going to find some place else to do what they pleased. There were even posts on here of people planning where to party. I'm not defending underage drinking and constantly being my friends DD has taught me how obnoxious drunk people can be but I was just pointing out it's one of those "what can ya do..?" type situations. The USASF website has contact information so submitting a complaint there is probably your best bet--I just wouldn't place a high one.

sorry forgot to add this in: majority of the parents dont know their kids are drunk? if i was.. (not at this age), my mom wouldnt let me go to a party? i mean are your parents like stupid if they let you go to a party drunk??! i know mine wouldnt, or a lot of other parents i know.

It might also depend on the age of the girls in line. In other countries, the drinking age is much lower than it is in the USA. I'm by no means saying that it was okay for them to be drunk, just that in other cultures its much more acceptable to drink at a young age. I'm sure one of the last things USASF/Disney wants is to cause an international problem about respecting cultures, etc. I'm sure it wouldn't come to anything that big of a deal though.

It seems like so many of you are defending this. I have PLENTY of friends that are underage that drink. I even said Its none of my business. But if you are going to be obnoxious and make me even more deaf than the actual competition did, thats a problem. If so many people ask you nicely to quiet down, why wouldnt you? Are you trying to get caught? I don't care if you're drunk but please be respectful. OR go be drunk somewhere like a club. Disney and Worlds is not the place to do it. It makes me think so poorly of that team now. I could never take them seriously on the floor again.

It might also depend on the age of the girls in line. In other countries, the drinking age is much lower than it is in the USA. I'm by no means saying that it was okay for them to be drunk, just that in other cultures its much more acceptable to drink at a young age. I'm sure one of the last things USASF/Disney wants is to cause an international problem about respecting cultures, etc. I'm sure it wouldn't come to anything that big of a deal though.
BUT, if its a law in the usa they have to follow it?

Back