Oh Canada

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do coaches see all the scores or only their own?

I still think participants should be able to see scores. I mean, why hide them?

When I log in, I can see every score from every team/division/event going back to the 14/15 season.

I don't think it's hiding them. I can tell you first hand that when scores are released to the general public who don't fully understand them, it can cause more problems than its worth. I truly believe that only coaches need access to a full scoring breakdown. But that's also because I've fielded more than my share of unanswerable questions from people who don't understand how or why a score is given.

OCF just issued a statement regarding the controversial Winter Blast, basically, they right the wrong by awarding an additional At Large Bid to Flyers All Starz Intensity (Global) and also award a Partial Bid to Flyers All Starz Shock (ICL6).

February 14, 2019

To the participants at Winter Blast and the Ontario Cheerleading community,

On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Ontario Cheerleading Federation (OCF), I am writing to address the awarding of bids on Saturday, February 9, 2019 at Winter Blast in Cornwall, Ontario. At that event we awarded 1 Partial Paid and 3 At-Large bids to the 2019 IASF Cheerleading Worlds. Following the event, it was determined that the awarding of those bids did not satisfy the bid declaration for the event as posted on the OCF website and in the RegChamp registration software.

After an examination of the facts, we determined that the results from the event that were published and sent out through the scoring software contained an error that did not match with the results based on the judges scores from the event. It was also determined that the At-large bid reserved for the 5.0/Global Cheer division was awarded using an assumption of the bid status of the teams in those divisions that was not accurate.

As a result and with the blessing of the IASF as well as Cheer Canada, the OCF will be awarding an additional Partial Paid bid to the International Large Coed Level 6 team Flyers All Starz Shock and an additional At-Large bid to the International Level 5 Global Cheer team Flyers All Starz Intensity.

Thank you to all of the teams involved in this event for their patience as we came to this decision.

https://static.secure.website/wscfus/10056939/10080437/winter-blast-public-statement.pdf

Good for them as they both deserved it !

Last edited:
OCF just issued a statement regarding the controversial Winter Blast, basically, they right the wrong by awarding an additional At Large Bid to Flyers All Starz Intensity (Global) and also award a Partial Bid to Flyers All Starz Shock (ICL6).

February 14, 2019

To the participants at Winter Blast and the Ontario Cheerleading community,

On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Ontario Cheerleading Federation (OCF), I am writing to address the awarding of bids on Saturday, February 9, 2019 at Winter Blast in Cornwall, Ontario. At that event we awarded 1 Partial Paid and 3 At-Large bids to the 2019 IASF Cheerleading Worlds. Following the event, it was determined that the awarding of those bids did not satisfy the bid declaration for the event as posted on the OCF website and in the RegChamp registration software.

After an examination of the facts, we determined that the results from the event that were published and sent out through the scoring software contained an error that did not match with the results based on the judges scores from the event. It was also determined that the At-large bid reserved for the 5.0/Global Cheer division was awarded using an assumption of the bid status of the teams in those divisions that was not accurate.

As a result and with the blessing of the IASF as well as Cheer Canada, the OCF will be awarding an additional Partial Paid bid to the International Large Coed Level 6 team Flyers All Starz Shock and an additional At-Large bid to the International Level 5 Global Cheer team Flyers All Starz Intensity.

Thank you to all of the teams involved in this event for their patience as we came to this decision.

https://static.secure.website/wscfus/10056939/10080437/winter-blast-public-statement.pdf

Good for them as they both deserved it !
Good for Flyers but I have a hard time believing the reasons they messed up...

Cheer Canada Media Release: Media Release | Cheer Canada

If you have experienced abuse of any kind in cheer (or any sport), please speak up. The only way we can make this stop is to bring it up and don't stop so that everyone knows this is not ok. This person coached in Toronto and Alberta. If you have any information about this case or any other instances of inappropriate activity, please speak up and contact police if you are able

Glad the board is back up and running. A reminder if you haven't heard that all Canadian coaches are required to have their Safe Sport training to coach. Safe Sport Information

208039120_4385274398203279_3287511219479661383_n.jpg

Back