All-Star Only 18% Of Sport Ability Comes From Practice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know a few guys that played semi pro hockey (none made the nhl that i know of)and they all agreed that raw talent and the desire to work harder than others is what got them where they were.

Please send more money

I know a few guys that played semi pro hockey (none made the nhl that i know of)and they all agreed that raw talent and the desire to work harder than others is what got them where they were.

Please send more money

Raw talent focussed I think is where the pro athletes are.

Raw talent focussed I think is where the pro athletes are.

Question, can you get to the very top if you lack the raw talent, but are focused, hard worker, dedicated, passionate, condition, go above and beyond, etc. ?

Question, can you get to the very top if you lack the raw talent, but are focused, hard worker, dedicated, passionate, condition, go above and beyond, etc. ?

I don't think you have raw talent or don't. You have a certain level of raw talent and it comes down to how much you utilize it. No matter how hard Manute Bowl(sp) worked he wasn't going to be an elite level gymnast. Great basketball player though.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

When we first started all stars years ago, a coach told me that my daughter did not have raw talent for tumbling. But what she did have was strength and determination. I was offended. How dare he insult my baby when she was in this gym everyday trying hard. But that is what he was trying to say. Her constant push to do better and to be better was going to take her farther than anything else. Every skill she acquired she had to fight her own body to master it. LOL. But by the end of her cheer career she was a "true level 5" athlete. No she did not master every specialty but she was a strong base and good tumbler. So I do believe that hard work and determination is half the battle.

Back