Parents Behaving Badly

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 15, 2013
Ok, coaches, your comments are welcome...how do you deal with parents making inappropriate comments (even if about their own child) on the sidelines, disrespecting you or undermining your authority? Other misbehaviors are being sensationalized by reality tv. I worry about the younger demographic who think that is appropriate!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I am a younger coach for a Rec Competition team. I had one parent in particular that would barge in to practice and always make a scene because "i was treating her daughter unfairly" Which was not true. She would constantly tell her daughter she was better than everyone else so her daughter would come and and tell people that. She even went as far to go to the town council to try to undermine my authority over my team. Needless to say the council did not believe her or did they care about a rec program when they had bigger things to proceed on... parents should know there place on a team.

I am a younger coach for a Rec Competition team. I had one parent in particular that would barge in to practice and always make a scene because "i was treating her daughter unfairly" Which was not true. She would constantly tell her daughter she was better than everyone else so her daughter would come and and tell people that. She even went as far to go to the town council to try to undermine my authority over my team. Needless to say the council did not believe her or did they care about a rec program when they had bigger things to proceed on... parents should know there place on a team.
Exactly. On a parent team or in the viewing area!

This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!

Back