High School Pep Rally Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 28, 2009
So our school is TERRIBLE when it comes to school spirit and performing at a rally is basically the absolute worst for my girls. Since freshman aren’t on our campus, it messes up a ton of stunt groups and normal formations and makes doing any cool stunts super difficult.

I want to do something fun and memorable, not just another routine where everyone will make fun of my girls. Any amazing ideas? I’m looking into the black light routine thing, but open to anything else!

Our school is also set up where the 9th graders are in a different building. We have a bus that will take those students to the high school so that they can participate in pep rally with the team. Maybe that's something you could look into as well?

When I was in HS we did a scary movie theme with strobe lights and smoke machines, danced to thriller (so no stunting and rather easy choreography) had a whole “Scream” skit where the scream guy went after our mascot... he was really dippy and was unmasked at the end of the rally to be our rival’s mascot.
We played phone calls throughout the Rally over the PA of him asking “what’s your favorite Jelly bean flavor?!” In the scream voice... then our ASB would be... “what kind of question is that”... followed by... “I mean what’s your favorite scary movie, mine is Clueless ...”.... and ASB would be all “clueless isn’t a scary movie”... the whole time he was sitting in the audience super obvious ... and when he was saying “I see you”... ASB was like.. “we see you too, sitting in the FROSH section”.... then he would get up drop the phone and hide in another obvious area... the entire gym was in tears laughing
It was SO stupid but so funny (guess you had to be there)... but given sept/oct -fall something like that might be entertaining

I usually do minimal/easy stunting so that everything sticks. Also we don’t have time to take mats out for our time slot. I have 3 really big squads (freshmen 22, JV 31, and Varsity 37) so all 3 perform a cheer together and then freshmen and JV go to the sides and Varsity stunts and dances. I always stick with the them, makes it more fun. So this years homecoming is Disney theme so varsity begged to do High School Musical. We pretty much learned to moves to “we’re all in this together” from the movie and added parts of our own.

Maybe find out if this rally has a theme and start there.

Our school is also set up where the 9th graders are in a different building. We have a bus that will take those students to the high school so that they can participate in pep rally with the team. Maybe that's something you could look into as well?

We used to utilize carpools from the middle schools, until a parent didn't take them back to school... So now there's a big fat no freshman rule.

We don't control the rally, only get to do our performance. No mats, but we always do something quick and easy and then everyone is bored. We want to change it up and do something memorable, so it's not just the same old thing. I'm thinking about having the lights go off in the middle of it (on purpose) and do a blacklight thing, but I'm not totally sold yet.

Back