Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
Did they just add more Worlds divisions again? This is just the ISASF list

IASF All Star International Level 5
Level Division Age Age as of (date) Female/Male Number on Team
5 International Senior (Provisional) 14-18 years old Age during 2019 No Males 16-24 members
5 International Senior Co-Ed (Provisional) 14-18 years old Age during 2019 1-8 Males 16-24 members
5 International Open NT
(Non-Tumbling) (Provisional) 14 years & older December 31, 2019 No Males 16-30 members
5 International Open Co-Ed NT
(Non-Tumbling) (Provisional) 14 years & older December 31, 2019 1-20 Males 16-30 members
5 International Open 14 years & older December 31, 2019 No Males 16-24 members
5 International Open Small Co-Ed 4 14 years & older December 31, 2019 1-4 Males 16-24 members
5 International Open Large Co-Ed 16 14 years & older December 31, 2019 5-16 Males 16-24 members
5 International Global (Provisional) 14 years & older December 31, 2019 No Males 16-24 members
5 International Global Co-Ed (Provisional) 14 years & older December 31, 2019 1-16 Males 16-24 members

IASF All Star International Level 6
Level Division Age Age as of (date) Female/Male Number on Team
6 International Open NT
(Non-Tumbling) (Provisional) 17 years & older December 31, 2019 Female/Male 16-30 members
6 International Open 17 years & older December 31, 2019 No Males 16-24 members
6 International Open Small Co-Ed 4 17 years & older December 31, 2019 1-4 Males 16-24 members
6 International Open Large Co-Ed 16 17 years & older December 31, 2019 5-16 Males 16-24 members

Last edited:
Are we trying to turn Worlds into a week long event :rolleyes: I had no idea they were adding NT lvl6 I thought it was just lvl 5...

I see 3 new ones that I hadn't seen before.
Really don't get the point of international senior. I feel like many non-US countries already struggle to field senior level 5 teams and I'm not sure having this will help too much.
I do like the IO6 non-tumble. I would have been ok with them only having level 6 non-tumble and no level 5.

@BlueCat any words of wisdom?

I don't think all of the IASF ones are currently Worlds divisions. (Specifically the IASF "senior" divisions).

I am dismayed by all of it. The primary thing that separated Worlds (in a positive way) from other events was how few champions they crowned. However, USASF and IASF (like every other event producer) have a huge temptation to simply keep creating more divisions to entice a few more people to pay their entry fees - at least short term. Disney and Varsity have a big new arena to pay for, so there is likely significant pressure from them as well.

How many World Champion titles per year is ideal? I would personally put the sweet spot around 6-8. Some may put it lower, some may put it higher. 20+ is far too many, in my book.

I'm too annoyed to do the math, but I believe there are now over 100 divisions in all star cheer - utter ridiculousness. I'm glad my kids are pretty much done. If I had a child under age 11 I wouldn't allow them to cheer all star, which is sad because my kids have had such great experiences. I feel bad for the kids and parents who have kids who have been cheering for several years but still 3-4 years left - it's hard to pull the plug in that instance but it's just as hard to spend $10,000+ per year for this nonsense.

Question. I know the FUNdamentals and Prep 3.2, 3.1, etc. are new this year. Are there any gyms fielding them yet?

I suspect the prep divisions will end up being the half year teams for those coming from school cheer. That makes sense to me-we have a lot of NT/game day middle school/JV teams in our region who don’t go to nationals and are done when football season is over.

Non Tumbling is asinine.

“Here’s your world champion medal for being a partially well-rounded athlete.”
This division isn't for everyone I know plenty of people who disagree with it but insulting athletes is not okay to do. All of the hard-working and talented athletes who are in non tumbling deserve the same amount of respect that is given to athletes in all the other divisions

Compared to many sports, this many divisions is commonplace - Swimming - so many distances, so many strokes, individual, relays, etc. etc. - Running - so many distances, etc. etc. etc. I imaging the artistic gymnastics community was all in an uproar when rythmic gymnastics was added. And people keep forgetting - IASF and USASF are basically the 'club' divisions and ICU and USACheer are the governing bodies for the National teams. Frankly the USASF Worlds should be re-named the North American Championships. And the winners there move on to a true All Star Worlds that move from Country to Country.

This division isn't for everyone I know plenty of people who disagree with it but insulting athletes is not okay to do. All of the hard-working and talented athletes who are in non tumbling deserve the same amount of respect that is given to athletes in all the other divisions

If you want to be a world champion, you should have to be hard-working when it comes to all of the facets of the game. Having a non-tumbling world’s division in all stars is akin to competing your varsity team at the JV level in high school. What are we teaching these kids? It’s ok if you don’t want to tumble, we will accommodate your lack of effort and dedication by making a special globe just for you.

ETA: I suppose non-building will be next? How about non-building non-tumbling? Where does it stop?

Back