OT Poms The Movie

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Apr 28, 2017

This looks really cute-and maybe there’s hope for this over 40 cheer mom, who’s personal cheer career began and ended with Pop Warner and never saw a mat :).

I think it is cute... but I'm a little worried it will take the "mean girl" cheerleader stereotype regarding the teen teams based on the trailer. I get that it is supposed to be humor and love that it is focusing on older ladies going strong. I'm just one who didn't like the bad mom movies either because I don't like those stupid stereotypes about woman being nasty to each other... this is made by the Bad Mom people so I expect it will just simplify the majority of teen teenagers as various cheer stereotypes.

I finally saw this, and loved it. So did my 14 yr old CP. There was one mean high school cheerleader, but the support the seniors got at the competition was full on All Star (and it was cool to recognize the teams panned past in the audience. I assume they asked Atlanta area gyms do come out-or actually filmed at a competition, because the uniforms were mostly teams we compete against).

I loved it! My girls loved it! We smiled, laughed, and cried.

I especially love that the routine they perform is not made with editing, stunt women, special effects, etc. Just those ladies having a blast!

Back