College Preferred Wrist Taping Technique?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2010
guys, for those of you who tape your wrist to partner stunt (or girls too even), what technique do you find the most helpful/supportive? because I am in AT, my whole team has pretty much deemed me their own personal AT.... its nice experience, but I'm still so early in the program that I don't necessarily know that much.
thanks!

peace, love, and happy cheering

showstopper

Um, I don't know the technical term for it, but both dude base and I wrap around our wrists about twice with 1" strapping tape just over the pointy bone to prevent flexing it back (for him) and to support the against the force from skills like rewinds, or the force going through my weeny wrists in toss loads (I periodically think it's a placebo and I don't need to tape up but things shift and crack in my joints the second I take off, kinda unnerving). I sometimes use neoprene or compression elastic type supports if my skin gets irritated from too much tape. Taping his wrists up also helps with the sweat-slip factor.

I've never been one that believes wrapping wrists actually helps that much. I think a lot of guys do it just so their partner doesn't slip from sweat when she flicks. I don't know how much technique there is to it, but I have the person lay their hand on a flat surface and point their elbow to the ceiling, forming a 90 degree angle with their wrist. I then wrap 2 - 3 times around. Pre-wrap helps if your skin gets irritated. How tight depends on the person's personal preference.

In my opinion wrapping your wrists with tape especially those who wrap it really tight are doing nothing but weakening their wrists... I do agree some do it for their partner in an attempt to help the girl/flyer not slip when flicking off the wrists from sweat but personally I'd recommend 2-3 inch cotton wrist bands.

Back