All-Star Preliminary team numbers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ACEDAD

Named "Best Veteran" meaning "Most Attractive".
Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
While this may change due to travel issues, here are the preliminary 2010 numbers and 2009 comparisons:

1. US cheer teams
2009-261 2010-200

That's a drop of 23% and is due to the decrease in the number of at large bids. There has been an outcry for this for a couple of years, so I don't want to hear (or see) one single post about "XYZ team deserved to get a bid! Waaaaaahhh"

2. international cheer teams
2009-56 2010-95

That's almost a 100% increase! I've been told that the all girl team from Japan is worth the price of admission and Bangkok is working hard to improve on last year.

3. dance teams (US & International)
2009-109 2010-159

4. International Cheer Union
This event has opening ceremonies on Thursday and the competition is on Friday. This one is one country per division allowed.
2009-40 2010-70

Looks like this year is going to be another incredible event!

Wow! Thanks ACEDAD, I have to say those numbers are certainly not shocking...and I cannot wait to see what Bangkok will bring to Worlds this year!!! I'm sure it's going to be absolutely crazy at worlds this year and very different than being glued to my computer for VOD/updates like in the past :)

dance teams (US & International)
2009-109 2010-159

wow - that is interesting, because I got the feeling that there was about a 25% decrease in the amount of bids being given out for dance, but maybe that was just on the west coast. I have been tracking the Hip HIp divisions and that is huge so far this year, (#of bids won vs the other divisions). Maybe more International teams this year?

Hey ACEDAD are they any athelete counts avaialbe for the dance area. I know you mentioned 159 teams is there anything broken down by #of athethics and #countries

Hey ACEDAD are they any athelete counts avaialbe for the dance area. I know you mentioned 159 teams is there anything broken down by #of athethics and #countries

Not that I've seen. If I get them, I'll post it.

Curious where you got your Bangkok info... cause they didn't show. :(

1. US cheer teams
2009-261 2010-200

That's a drop of 23% and is due to the decrease in the number of at large bids. There has been an outcry for this for a couple of years, so I don't want to hear (or see) one single post about "XYZ team deserved to get a bid! Waaaaaahhh"

Thanks for the info ACEDAD, I for one, support the decrease in at large bids.

Curious where you got your Bangkok info... cause they didn't show. :(

All the information came directly from Jim Chadwick & Bill Seely.

It's my understanding that Bangkok had issues with the political turmoil in the country.

There was a team there in Int. Level 5 from Thailand. I thought maybe that was Bangkok. Not nearly as entertaining as their level 6 last year, but they were pretty good. I think they got 4th behind all the US teams.

The Thailand team this year was BMC school, which competes at the high school level at Seacon square(in thailand), where as BU competes in the collegiate division.

Back