All-Star Results

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 10, 2018
Why are results so hard to come by? At these competitions I watch many divisions and teams while waiting for my CPs two minutes and 30 seconds of glory. It would be nice to know how these teams other teams do. All other sports - including other judged sports - post standings immediately. Any rationale behind this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why are results so hard to come by? At these competitions I watch many divisions and teams while waiting for my CPs two minutes and 30 seconds of glory. It would be nice to know how these teams other teams do. All other sports - including other judged sports - post standings immediately. Any rationale behind this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly, the closest we get is to knowing is if the coaches share our scores with us which our gym does and by word of mouth by simply chatting with our fellow cheer parents and/or other coaches you may know that are competing that day. Other than that I don't think we will ever know at lest not right immediately. Now, since the Summit bids are awarded based totally off highest scores of the day I don't think it would be too much to ask that they post the scores during the bid reveals. JS

Agreed! Someone tell me another sport where scores are hidden! As paying customers we need to demand transparency!

Bq7xciBlmOt
Bq7xciBlmOt

In germany or europe varsity posts the scores immeaditly like this. Why can't they do that in the US?

Bq7xciBlmOt
Bq7xciBlmOt

In germany or europe varsity posts the scores immeaditly like this. Why can't they do that in the US?

EPs say some gyms don't want parents knowing the score difference. They fear losing kids.

While I disagree, I have seen many a crazy parent questioning coaches based on a very partial knowledge of how the scoring works.

EPs say some gyms don't want parents knowing the score difference. They fear losing kids.

While I disagree, I have seen many a crazy parent questioning coaches based on a very partial knowledge of how the scoring works.

CP used to be at a gym that did not want parents knowing the scores. It was..... a bizarre dynamic. In this case I feel confident that it was because the owner did not want to take responsibility for such low scores. (and by low score, I mean 83 when others in the division scored 96)

CP used to be at a gym that did not want parents knowing the scores. It was..... a bizarre dynamic. In this case I feel confident that it was because the owner did not want to take responsibility for such low scores. (and by low score, I mean 83 when others in the division scored 96)
Same here.

My CP's gym sends us the scoresheets each day (usually get it within an hour of them hitting the floor). And they also do facebook lives after each competition is over to explain the scoresheets to the parents. As much as I like this idea, I would also like to see the scores of other teams. As nice as it is to know why they got the score that they got, it sure would be nice to have scores of the other teams to see how far (or close) the scores actually are.

We were at a competition a few years ago where there was only one J1 team competing (due to a snow storm...lots of gyms cancelled). The J1 team obviously got their "national champion" status since they were the only team. Their score was 82. As a parent, that would be so hard to celebrate.

Our coach/owner reviews the scores and judges comments with athletes and parents. At Encore it was before the team left to go to warmups on day 2. I think he mostly did it because it drove home that what the judges were commenting on was the same things they get on the kids about during practice. Like sloppy tumbling, a lot of our kids on the team are working higher level skills, there is no reason their legs should be all crazy during a back handspring.

Another thing is that some comps take FOREVER to publish results after competitions. It doesn't seem unreasonable to expect them to be posted on line by the end of the day on a Monday after a competition. I'm still waiting for results to be posted from last weekend from a recent comp. It's been 4 business days!

Another thing is that some comps take FOREVER to publish results after competitions. It doesn't seem unreasonable to expect them to be posted on line by the end of the day on a Monday after a competition. I'm still waiting for results to be posted from last weekend from a recent comp. It's been 4 business days!

Same here. And if you are in CA (from your screen name) then there is no way that it's the same comp. At this point it's 5 business days.

Back