Rewinds?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 14, 2011
so im starting to work on my rewinds and i need advice... ive tried it a few times and i spin but i cant stick the ending... please i need in put i feel like maybe im missing something maybe someone can break it down for me thanks

so im starting to work on my rewinds and i need advice... ive tried it a few times and i spin but i cant stick the ending... please i need in put i feel like maybe im missing something maybe someone can break it down for me thanks
How is your stunt group executing the rewind?? Our Senior 4 starts with the flier on the ground, hands up holding on to the back spots hands. The bases hold her waist and legs and they throw her into the rewind and catch in a reload position. Flier has to block off of the back spot's locked out arms and back spot holds on to her hands the entire time.

Hope this helps!!!!

You have to really try and spot the landing. As soon as you see your base, you should open up and straighten your legs. Keep looking down and keep your body bent over slightly if it helps you. Then when your feet are caught, your straighten your upper body as well... ah, difficult to explain.
A video would help so we could see, whether you open too early or too late.

One thing i will do while teaching rewinds to work on the catch, is just working on a certain standing tuck drill as well. you can do this on a raised mat or on the floor, but try to do a standing tuck and land silently. The only way i know how to land light and quiet is by keeping your feet tucked in and lift your shouders and core up. This will help keep your height because your standing up rather then stepping down. your legs will beat a guys arms any time, so be sure not to just throw your legs down and stomp his hands. when you can lift with your body you will be very easy to catch and you will keep your rotation. hope it helps a little

You should think about the ending as a "roll" up. Like another poster said, spot for your partner and once he catches your feel, roll the rest of your body up. I don't know if that makes sense. It's really hard to describe in words.

If you upload a video it would be much easier for me to help you. However, make sure you are reaching back over him (like a bad standing tuck) so the flip doesn't happen in front of his hands, bring your hips up and shins and toes up and over once you leave the ground. Shins and toes are the most important, and most likely the problem you're having with not sticking them. Just like a standing tuck, if you only bring your knees to your chest, you will rotate slower and hit his hands too soon which will cause the stunt not to hit.

Back