Routine Themes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The high school I coached at this past season had themes for JV and Varsity. JV was love and Varsity was Magic/Genie. It was more a theme for the music, but it came out pretty cool!

Weve had some before, last year's was Bling, which was good, for music, and stuff like good luck presents and cards and stuff, weve also had hearts, time, trains, witches and dreams for other routines :)

I love themed routines

I love themed routines.
My teams used to have a theme every season. One year my team had a broadway theme and we also did a "girls just wanna have fun theme".

The PW team I help out with did a "rock" theme for the music last year. We had lots of fun with that.

I have a junior team whose music is all about youth/being young/etc. Our advanced senior team is called "Senior Gold", so their music has a lot of songs that talk about gold/glitter/etc.

Now that we're getting to the end of the year, the themes have kind of been forgotten BUT they were really fun for the teams when they were first getting into their music! The gym that I train at has used a theme for their Worlds teams for the past two years, but this year, our coach decided to go "themeless". Overall, I think that themes are REALLY fun when you're in the building stages of the routine, but they seem to be forgotten over time. I think they're always exciting for the spectators though :)

My team dances to Barbie Girl this year, so our theme is barbies. We got a team barbie as the athlete of the week and have pink practices before big competitions. Ooh, we also all have our own barbie nickname!

In the beginning of the year; my team (UA Prodigy) had a theme, which was 80’s
our uniforms were going to have knee high purple and blue socks to match; but it
all ended up not working out :( but it was still a really neat idea! We danced to “Whip It” by DEVO

i saw one with a "beautiful" theme, a heart/love theme, an animal theme, time, doctor, space, country, rock, beach, wiz of oz, soo many

Back