All-Star Rules For International Teams At Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 25, 2019
All right, it seems like this year, to get to Day 2 at Worlds, INTL teams will have to make top 3 of their own countries on Day 1, no matter the scores, what do you think about that rule ?

Now I dont know how many teams there will be in each category (Nor do I know from where and how many countries will be there be) but from what I've seen in 5.0, most of the best teams are in the US and in Canada...So I can see right now the frustration when the 4th team (US or Canada) doesn't get to Day 2 whilst other countries with 1 or 2 teams gets a pass by default.

I personally think they should go by the scoring and only allow the best to get to Day 2, but I'd like to read your opinions about this.

Thanks !

Last edited:
This is how it has always been since the international divisions were created in 2006.
This is also why many teams have chosen to switch to the new and similar "Senior Open" divisions, which do not have that restriction.

This is how it has always been since the international divisions were created in 2006.
This is also why many teams have chosen to switch to the new and similar "Senior Open" divisions, which do not have that restriction.

Oh geez, sorry about that, I was told about this one month ago and since everybody around me was talking about it like it was a big news, I assumed it was a new thing for this year...

Nevertheless, if you have an opinion, even if it's an old one, I'd still be interrested to read about it !

There's the competitive sport perspective and then there's the business sport reality. From the fan and competitive perspective, I think everyone would say it only makes sense to have the top teams move on. From a sport business perspective, getting people to have fun, spread the word, and return is the ultimate goal. Oldest retired cp is graduating with a sport management degree in May and is going into sport law in the fall. She said the hardest thing she had to come to grips with was sports being discussed 100% of the time from a business perspective and consumer psychology. International cheer rules are no different from all of the other multiple divisions in all youth sports, they are created to give parents and athletes a sense of fairness and opportunity.

Back