• Try Tryout School Cheer Team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Creating School Drumline

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oct 18, 2015
I am a high school music student in high school band at my school. I like cheerleading and drum lines.

I like cheer because I like the choreography and the routine. However, I am not a dancer and not very flexible because there a dance requirements involved trying out at my school and the.

I feel that I have to urge to create with someone in my school band because I obviously a music student. Like cheer and what I have mentioned before, I like drum lines because I like the rhythm and what the drummers could do in the routine.

Do you mean a kickline, drill team, or color guard? I would imagine if you have a band program at school you have percussionists, which means there is a drumline. We have a couple girls in our cheer program that do both band and cheer, it works out pretty well. If you don't have a drill team, it probably involves more dance than the cheer team does (at least our kickers do).
If you mean choreographing a drum line that competes (like the Nick Cannon movie), I would start with talking to your percussion instructor, he or she would probably jump at the chance to do it.

Could you look at joining a competitive drum corp in you area? There are several that take older high school students.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back