Scorpion Stretches?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 26, 2012
What stretches can i do to get my scorpion in a month at most. I do the bridge but that hurts my stomach. For the past week ive been sitting in a seal stretch against the couch which actually stretches my back out a lot. Any ideas of what else i could do. Should i do a bridge like every couple of minutes for like an hour or what?Im so very desperate!! :help:​

Get a stretch band and tie it to your foot...then put your foot up behind you on the wall and pull for resistance. Hold for a half hour while you watch TV.

This is kind of random but this is something that may help you.

My daughter could pull all her stretches just fine but her scorpion. She could go all the way down in her splits but she could only get her leg half way up and it would rotate out to the side therefore she couldn't pull it at all.
Here is a screenshot I took from a video of the 1st competition this year.
My daughter is the flyer on the left.
4434bad5-ccec-2313.jpg

She couldn't do it no matter how flexible she was.
So one day a mini mom was sitting in there while my daughters youth team was practicing and I told her and showed her what my daughter was doing. She said oh you can fix that easily. I said please let me know because me and the coaches have been working all season.
She said you need to work hip openers. She showed me a stretch to do. (this woman is really in to yoga)

You sit down kind of like Indian style put one leg on top of the other like this
4434bad5-cf77-91b7.jpg

You probably can't do it like this without practice, but just push and push your legs down till there on top of each other. My daughter cried at first and just hold it then switch.

No joke we did that on and off for like 10 mins. The next day my daughter could pull her scorpion and grab with both hands. So we keep doing it and it keeps getting better.
Here it is now:
4434bad5-d02e-31df.jpg

It isn't perfect but one day it will be. Just keep working and hope this helps!

I know how you feel with your stomach i've pulled mine by stretching my scorp too much and i've been in agony :(!

This is kind of random but this is something that may help you.

My daughter could pull all her stretches just fine but her scorpion. She could go all the way down in her splits but she could only get her leg half way up and it would rotate out to the side therefore she couldn't pull it at all.
Here is a screenshot I took from a video of the 1st competition this year.
My daughter is the flyer on the left.
4434bad5-ccec-2313.jpg

She couldn't do it no matter how flexible she was.
So one day a mini mom was sitting in there while my daughters youth team was practicing and I told her and showed her what my daughter was doing. She said oh you can fix that easily. I said please let me know because me and the coaches have been working all season.
She said you need to work hip openers. She showed me a stretch to do. (this woman is really in to yoga)

You sit down kind of like Indian style put one leg on top of the other like this
4434bad5-cf77-91b7.jpg

You probably can't do it like this without practice, but just push and push your legs down till there on top of each other. My daughter cried at first and just hold it then switch.

No joke we did that on and off for like 10 mins. The next day my daughter could pull her scorpion and grab with both hands. So we keep doing it and it keeps getting better.
Here it is now:
4434bad5-d02e-31df.jpg

It isn't perfect but one day it will be. Just keep working and hope this helps!

We are going to try this! :) thanks

I would suggest Gabi's videos and joining her challenge on Facebook. My cp is a reluctant flyer, she hates it more than anything but due to her size she stretches because sometimes there is no way around it and she has to. She has started using the videos and has had pretty good results so far. ACEDAD used to have a stretching routine his cp Elmo put together but I don't think it is around anymore since it was on the CPGB forum.

I go into my doorway and I do my splits horizontally on the wall, then I just walk my hands up. And hold it for a loooooong time. It really helps. Just stretch whenever possible, I'm always pulling scales and stuff in public :)

I don't think anyone mentioned this, but For the Love of Tumbling is a great site too. It has stretching and conditioning videos.
Also, make sure you stretch both legs for a scorpion. I've heard it can cause scoliosis if you stretch one side more than the other.

Back