OT Share Your True Paranormal Experiences

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I've had a thermostat cover fly off the wall at me in the empty bathroom of a haunted banquet hall once but that's about all I can remember.

FYI, I will be stalking this thread because I love this stuff!

Such a fun thread. I don't have any stories though. I do love to watch paranormal tv shows though.

Eta: my nephew watched an episode with me a few weeks ago. Now when he comes over and watches tv he watches ghost story shows lol. He's not even scared. So does my niece. Oops am I a bad auntie for letting them watch.

I've had a thermostat cover fly off the wall at me in the empty bathroom of a haunted banquet hall once but that's about all I can remember.

FYI, I will be stalking this thread because I love this stuff!
That would be terrifying.

@iwearmysunglassesatnight Sometimes I want to get scared so I watch A Haunting, but then I have to sleep with the lights on lol.

That would be terrifying.

@iwearmysunglassesatnight Sometimes I want to get scared so I watch A Haunting, but then I have to sleep with the lights on lol.

Haha it really wasn't anything too spooky. I didn't even know the place was haunted until an hour after :p

Demonic things freak me out to no end and I would be screaming and crying and running in the opposite direction if anything like that happened to me. Like good freaking bye I am peacing the F outta here and would probably spend the next month in a church sleeping in the pews.

Haha it really wasn't anything too spooky. I didn't even know the place was haunted until an hour after :p

Demonic things freak me out to no end and I would be screaming and crying and running in the opposite direction if anything like that happened to me. Like good freaking bye I am peacing the F outta here and would probably spend the next month in a church sleeping in the pews.
What I don't understand is why the families on A Haunting are so stupid. Like, they'll know that a spirit is in the house but they'll all sleep in separate bedrooms, and one person will even go downstairs alone late at night to watch TV and something ALWAYS happens. WTH?

Last edited:
The thing that creeps me out is that more often than not, it's not the house that's haunted... It's people that are being haunted.

My boyfriend's father committed suicide a few years ago. His mother's sister is apparently a psychic and talks to his dad and he tells her that he visits people in their dreams. My boyfriend tells me that he sees his father in his dreams and that they just talk and he tells him that he's proud of who he's become and to forgive him for leaving his family.

Not really a negative type of paranormal thing but still gives me the heebie jeebies.

The thing that creeps me out is that more often than not, it's not the house that's haunted... It's people that are being haunted.

My boyfriend's father committed suicide a few years ago. His mother's sister is apparently a psychic and talks to his dad and he tells her that he visits people in their dreams. My boyfriend tells me that he sees his father in his dreams and that they just talk and he tells him that he's proud of who he's become and to forgive him for leaving his family.

Not really a negative type of paranormal thing but still gives me the heebie jeebies.
Heath Ledger's girlfriend said that his ghost has visited her and apologized for not being there to help raise their daughter. Creepy but heartwarming.

Not my experience, but my mother's. She was a devout Catholic and said a daily rosary for most of her life. She would see spirits fairly regularly. She felt they were lost souls in purgatory and would offer up her rosary to that person and the visits would stop. Sometime later another would show up. They were like spiritual panhandlers. Hahahaha.

I had "something" that used to visit me before someone in my family was seriously ill. Once I woke up (I was about 21-a lonnnng time ago) when I felt my hair move from my forehead. (Like how a mother does a child.) I was alone in the house & it freaked me out!!! I turned on all the lights, went room to room checking doors and windows. Later that summer, a friend was killed in a car accident. Then weeks later my grandfather died. Afterward, I'd wake up to see a dark shadow at the end of my bed. Some say you can't see shadows in the dark or they are just shadows cause by reflections. But, you do. You're not in total darkness and you can definitely tell a difference.

Anyhow, i saw this same shadow several time throughout the years and it always came before an event. Sometimes, I never knew the event happened. Example, my dad was in a serious accident. We didn't find out that he had been revived twice util years later. My shadow visited me for the last time before my dad died in 2007. My dad appear before he died also. I woke up one night to see a gray misty large shadow in front of our bedroom door. I knew it was him. Oh and one night at the hospital, I was taking my turn staying overnight. I had been in the chapel praying and asked my Aunt, his older sister who died the year before, to take care of him. I was watching him have a "conversation" & holding someone's hand. It was weird but comforting. I don't know why I didn't see my shadow Angel when my mom died last year. I wonder if it thought I didn't need it's comfort but I kind of have missed it.

***Forgive the spelling. Sent from my phone. :)

Last edited:
I'm curious if anyone had an interesting/good/bad experience with an ouija board. I've never touched one and refuse to ever touch one. My parents always drilled it in my head to never associate myself with one. They were NEVER superstitious. Only when it comes to ouija boards... Which i took seriously as I've watched way too many 'ouija board goes bad' type of movies. Still, I'm interested in what others have experienced.

I'm curious if anyone had an interesting/good/bad experience with an ouija board. I've never touched one and refuse to ever touch one. My parents always drilled it in my head to never associate myself with one. They were NEVER superstitious. Only when it comes to ouija boards... Which i took seriously as I've watched way too many 'ouija board goes bad' type of movies. Still, I'm interested in what others have experienced.
I've messed with one and nothing's happened unfortunately :/ I'm big into paranormal stuff. I live near Old St. Augustine and wanna go on a ghost tour sooo bad

I would just like to give a word of advice to people on the board.

NEEEEEVVVVAAAAA EVA EVA EVA EVERRRRRAAH PLAY WITH A OUIJA BOARD. THOSE THINGS ARE NOT SAFE, TALK TO A PRIEST, SHAMAN, PARANORMAL INVESTIGATOR ETC. AND THEY CAN TELL YOU THAT IT IS EXTRMELY DANGEROUS. I am not religious or superstitious either except when it comes to cheer and the paranormal. Those are the only two lol. Ouija boards are portals, and anything can come through them. I don't often quote movies, but one (I forgot the title) said that "when you call out to the dead (I'm assuming through boards, etc) they all hear you." Sounds crazy, but I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Last edited:
I would just like to give a word of advice to people on the board.

NEEEEEVVVVAAAAA EVA EVA EVA EVERRRRRAAH PLAY WITH A OUIJA BOARD. THOSE THINGS ARE NOT SAFE, TALK TO A PRIEST, SHAMAN, PARANORMAL INVESTIGATOR ETC. AND THEY CAN TELL YOU THAT IT IS EXTRMELY DANGEROUS. I am not religious or superstitious either except when it comes to cheer and the paranormal. Those are the only two lol. Ouija boards are portals, and anything can come through them. I don't often quote movies, but one (I forgot the title) said that "when you call out to the dead (I assuming through boards, etc) they all hear you." Sounds crazy, but I'd rather err on the side of caution.
I agree with this completely. Ouija boards are some serious s**t.

Latest posts

Back