All-Star Spirit Of Texas And Top Gun Illegal Passes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
Jw. So after learning at gssa that the pass standing hand whip full whip double was illegal. I looked up the updates rules and was wondering how spirit of Texas international open 5 and top gun large coed how the following passes were legal.

Sot: hand full whip double

Top gun: back extension roll hand double.

Because it specifically says that backextension roll does not count as a back wards traveling skill...

kingston ?

Would the top gun pass not be considered a backwards roll, not a back extension roll, because it never hits a handstand position?? Agree with what you're saying, but maybe this is a way to avoid the back extension roll ruling? Curious to see the response as I wondered about the legality of these 2 passes as well.

I'm obviously not an expert but what I got from the rules was that a double has to be preceded by two non-twisting backwards travelling skills.. So a hand full whip double wouldn't be legal would it?

I'm obviously not an expert but what I got from the rules was that a double has to be preceded by two non-twisting backwards travelling skills.. So a hand full whip double wouldn't be legal would it?

On spirit yes, that is an illegal pass. A reiteration of that was just sent to all safety judges. I would have to watch the video again to decide.

This was from Usasf website, STANDING/RUNNING TUMBLING
1. Tumbling skills are allowed up to 1 flipping and 1 twisting rotation.
In tumbling, twisting skills may ONLY be performed if immediately preceded by a backhandspring(s) or round off. During a full-twisting tumbling skill, no trick other than the twistis allowed (including but not limited to: split fulls, hitch kick fulls, X-Fulls, Full-Xouts) andboth feet must land and finish on the performing surface (i.e. no full twisting tumbling toseat, prone body landings or similar).
Clarification: All skills up to a full twist are also allowed. (example: half twists and Arabians)Additional tumbling skills may be performed prior to the round-off and/or back handspring.
So I don't think so..............

This was from Usasf website, STANDING/RUNNING TUMBLING
1. Tumbling skills are allowed up to 1 flipping and 1 twisting rotation.
In tumbling, twisting skills may ONLY be performed if immediately preceded by a backhandspring(s) or round off. During a full-twisting tumbling skill, no trick other than the twistis allowed (including but not limited to: split fulls, hitch kick fulls, X-Fulls, Full-Xouts) andboth feet must land and finish on the performing surface (i.e. no full twisting tumbling toseat, prone body landings or similar).
Clarification: All skills up to a full twist are also allowed. (example: half twists and Arabians)Additional tumbling skills may be performed prior to the round-off and/or back handspring.
So I don't think so..............
That's the restricted 5 rules

The two backward skills must be immediately before the double. And back roll is kosher if there is no stop in a handstand.
The safety judges have always known that but they didn't post the clarification until recently. I brought it up over the summer to les that it would be confusing for some gyms.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Jw. So after learning at gssa that the pass standing hand whip full whip double was illegal. I looked up the updates rules and was wondering how spirit of Texas international open 5 and top gun large coed how the following passes were legal.

Sot: hand full whip double

Top gun: back extension roll hand double.

Because it specifically says that backextension roll does not count as a back wards traveling skill...

kingston ?

My guess: TG illegal - if they specifically say back extension hold handstand roll hand double is illegal... its just illegal and was missed. would have to see it though.

SOT: Legal - you must do two handsprings before a double full if its the first skill, and one must be a handspring, and it is additive to the next pass. so my guess, legal.

My guess: TG illegal - if they specifically say back extension hold handstand roll hand double is illegal... its just illegal and was missed. would have to see it though.

SOT: Legal - you must do two handsprings before a double full if its the first skill, and one must be a handspring, and it is additive to the next pass. so my guess, legal.
It says in the rules that a double must be immediately preceeded by two backwards tumbling skills. The full breaks that up so it is illegal.

Top gun would be legal because it is two backwards tumbling skills. If the back roll stopped in a handstand it would be illegal but it doesn't.

It says in the rules that a double must be immediately preceeded by two backwards tumbling skills. The full breaks that up so it is illegal.

Top gun would be legal because it is two backwards tumbling skills. If the back roll stopped in a handstand it would be illegal but it doesn't.

Example from the rules website given:

Example: standing back handspring>back handspring>double full>back handspring>double full=Legal

So SOT by that example should be legal.

Example from the rules website given:

Example: standing back handspring>back handspring>double full>back handspring>double full=Legal

So SOT by that example should be legal.

NM, its because it wasnt a second double full, but a first.

SOT would be illegal because a full separated the two other backward skills. It has to be 2 non-twisting skills DIRECTLY preceding the FIRST double full. After the first double full, only ONE non-twisting skill is required before the next double.

Beat me by 3 seconds.

Top Gun's tumbler never does hit handstand, he does back roll, stays very tucked, hits his feet, handspring, double. Like you said you haven't seen it though. I'd call it legal with the simple explanation that it never hits handstand.

Back