High School St. Jude Letters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 15, 2016
thia is my first time taking the girls to a Varsity brand camp, how and what are these letters? Is it just a fundraiser for St. Jude? How many do you usually get per athlete on your squad?

The letters are there to ask people for donations to saint jude's. Just tell your girls to have 5 addresses of people who they think might donate, including their own since the camp will give you 5.

Can you opt out of this? Like can we just not do the letters at camp? We are going for the first time this year so this is new to me and first I'm hearing about it.

As a program we choose to fund raise for our local ped onc organizations. And for personal reasons I don't donate to St. Jude, so I feel really uncomfortable asking my girls to hand over names to put on a mailing list.

Can you opt out of this? Like can we just not do the letters at camp? We are going for the first time this year so this is new to me and first I'm hearing about it.

As a program we choose to fund raise for our local ped onc organizations. And for personal reasons I don't donate to St. Jude, so I feel really uncomfortable asking my girls to hand over names to put on a mailing list.

We went to camp last year and did not do the letters, so I don't think it's mandatory.

All depends on your camp and the Head Instructor and the involvement they want to put forth for the Corporate Philanthropy.
All is optional, you can earn a pin if you do it too I think.

thia is my first time taking the girls to a Varsity brand camp, how and what are these letters? Is it just a fundraiser for St. Jude? How many do you usually get per athlete on your squad?
Just a fundraiser. They just need to have addresses of family friends/extended family saved in their phone to write on the letters. Recently the letter drive has shifted to something you fill out prior and then bring to camp. So it kind of depends. You also don't have to do it at all. Or can go all out and get St Jude involved with your gamedays too

Back