College Summer Camps/clinics?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The Cheerleader Magazine has hooked up with some of THE BEST College programs and is doing a clinic..July 6th I believe. Check them out on FB!

I've never heard of any summer clincs, I think most colleges will stick to having them in the fall/spring. My guess would be they're more concerned with the new team and getting them game day ready, especially the bigger schools.
But I could be wrong of course!

We were so excited with a local large college (part of the ACC), was having a half day clinic for Jr/Sr. high school girls could attend and stunt with a group, tumble and then get feedback from college coaches on what they can improve on and help prepare them for tryouts in a year or two. But alas, they cancelled it due to scheduling problems. I think they used it as a fundraising opportunity. So far, I have found nothing else in the area like that.

We were so excited with a local large college (part of the ACC), was having a half day clinic for Jr/Sr. high school girls could attend and stunt with a group, tumble and then get feedback from college coaches on what they can improve on and help prepare them for tryouts in a year or two. But alas, they cancelled it due to scheduling problems. I think they used it as a fundraising opportunity. So far, I have found nothing else in the area like that.
That would be perfect and exactly what I would like to find for her.

That would be perfect and exactly what I would like to find for her.
I know! I am just now starting the process of looking at schools for my CP-does she go to a school with a good cheer program, or to a school that has amazing athletics and cheer for a co-ed team there. We are right in the middle of ACC schools, so cheering for one of those schools would be great, but just a couple of them also really focus on being competitive teams also. It is so confusing! I don't even know where to start.

I know! I am just now starting the process of looking at schools for my CP-does she go to a school with a good cheer program, or to a school that has amazing athletics and cheer for a co-ed team there. We are right in the middle of ACC schools, so cheering for one of those schools would be great, but just a couple of them also really focus on being competitive teams also. It is so confusing! I don't even know where to start.

When I was choosing my college, I made a big list of all my dream schools and cheer schools. For cheer schools, I included schools with coed, all girl, acro, and stunt. Then i narrowed down my list by looking at the MAJOR I wanted (since that IS the point of college unfortunately haha). I VISITED schools and talked to coaches. I fell in LOVE with one of the schools I visited, and I will now be on their Acro team this fall!

Start with finding a ton of schools shed like to cheer at. Then find which ones fit her academic plans. Visit campuses, see what really catches her heart. Then tryout! School first, cheer second. If you go to school only for cheer, chances are you will ended up hating academics because you didnt look into them first!

When I was choosing my college, I made a big list of all my dream schools and cheer schools. For cheer schools, I included schools with coed, all girl, acro, and stunt. Then i narrowed down my list by looking at the MAJOR I wanted (since that IS the point of college unfortunately haha). I VISITED schools and talked to coaches. I fell in LOVE with one of the schools I visited, and I will now be on their Acro team this fall!

Start with finding a ton of schools shed like to cheer at. Then find which ones fit her academic plans. Visit campuses, see what really catches her heart. Then tryout! School first, cheer second. If you go to school only for cheer, chances are you will ended up hating academics because you didnt look into them first!

That is great advice. I told her to make a list of her dream schools, then the schools that are more realistic in terms of cheer teams. We found a website with the schools that offer the Major she is interested in, and we are cross-referencing the two lists. It is a lot of work, but so exciting.

KCC is hosting a Co-Ed Stunt Clinic on July 14th in Louisville, KY with University of Kentucky
Flyer Bootcamp on August 4th and 5th
As well as a For the "Love" of Tumbling camp in September

KCC is hosting a Co-Ed Stunt Clinic on July 14th in Louisville, KY with University of Kentucky
Flyer Bootcamp on August 4th and 5th
As well as a For the "Love" of Tumbling camp in September

Do you need to have a base as well as a flyer for the co-ed stunt clinic or will there be guys working it?

DANG! I would have signed her up in a minute for the flyer bootcamp, she has camp with her team that weekend.

Can you let me know when the "Love" of Tumbling camp is coming?! Would love that!

Back