All-Star Summit Bid Declarations 2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheerisherlife

Cheer Parent
Apr 20, 2012
Recently released:
DHhIi_zWAAMvfmT.jpg

I like how they're doing the 2 day events with 3 paid and 5 atlarge. It's hard for the youth teams to compete against senior teams for paid bids. I wonder if they'll still have an "ep discretion" listed this season.

I would think they are just trying to evenly split the bids, since 4.2, 5 and 5r are generally smaller divisions compared to 4 or 2. This would give 4.2 a better shot.
Yes, that makes sense from a distribution stand point.
Then I wonder at competitions with multiple judging panels if the EP will ensure that 4.2, 5 and 5r are all judged by same judging panel to provide scoring consistency within that group for bids?

I am not sure where it was heard originally, but there were some industry big wigs at Summit this past year saying that they had been given word that the plan was to remove youth teams from eligibility for Summit for the 2017-2018 season. Glad that this ended up not coming to fruition, but hoping that isn't the long term goal with these new stricter bid guidelines.

I am not sure where it was heard originally, but there were some industry big wigs at Summit this past year saying that they had been given word that the plan was to remove youth teams from eligibility for Summit for the 2017-2018 season. Glad that this ended up not coming to fruition, but hoping that isn't the long term goal with these new stricter bid guidelines.
That's a shame. There are some super talented youth teams.

I agree, however, every year. cheer costs more and more... this could eliminate the fact that a family is now going to Summit or Worlds for 12 years in a row.... Granted, there are some great youth teams that should be represented.. :) It's a catch 22.
I understand costs, but but in the era of Susie and Susie mom- removing youth teams from summit will push a lot of kids and moms (and maybe gyms in general) to not want to consider being on a youth team and they will just bump up to juniors. So in that case you are still going summit just as many times as if you were on a youth team you just go as a member of a junior team for a lot of those years.

I understand costs, but but in the era of Susie and Susie mom- removing youth teams from summit will push a lot of kids and moms (and maybe gyms in general) to not want to consider being on a youth team and they will just bump up to juniors. So in that case you are still going summit just as many times as if you were on a youth team you just go as a member of a junior team for a lot of those years.

Yeah good point.. lose lose situation. Let's just invite Tiny prep.

I heard that too. It is sad imo. There is so much talent in Youth and they should be allowed to go. It also seems to be punishing the large and mega gyms who are capable of fielding both youth and jr teams.

Back