All-Star Summit Experience?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We’re considering going back to prep this year as well, if the gym has an appropriate team. With a high school junior, I found myself feeling relieved when we DIDN’T get a bid at any given competition because of concerns over the end of school. I wish more gyms would offer half season or limited travel options at a range of levels.

I’m so glad about the school system in Slovenia.
If you are an athlete or musician you get athlete status in school (and high school also) where you can can have as many abscences and have exams on the date you prefer based on your competition/practice schedule.
Our gym had to send competition schedule at the beginning of school year so teachers knew you are not making things up and lying about exams dates (like changing the dates just because you didn’t study not because you had the comp). And it helped me a lot with planning my comps,practices with my school and studying.
I’ve had some teacher that didn’t care about my status and I couldn’t change the dates for my exams. Or my boyfriend was alredy
professional soccer player in his senior year in high school so he had practice from 8am-10am (and he basically missed first 3 hours of classes almost everyday) but his PA teach didn’t care and he was like i dobt care if you are professional athlete you must be presentat all of my classes!!! Even if he had his soccer practice (which was his job since he was professional) and he had to come at school at 7am to have PA class with his teacher and than went to practice.

Very thankful that CP's missed days were excused. She was upfront about it and her teacher's wished her luck followed by "don't get kicked in the head" by one teacher LOL!

My kid got unexcused absences for time off for Summit (3 days) . Zeros' for any work done during that day.
Did you talk to the admin before leaving? Our school needs a planned excused form filled out and signed by all teachers 2 weeks before the event then they're all good to go.

Did you talk to the admin before leaving? Our school needs a planned excused form filled out and signed by all teachers 2 weeks before the event then they're all good to go.

Actually, yes we did that. And the school handbook only says that if you don't get the from signed then you MAY receive zero's. I've learned that most of the teachers have subsequently let her make up work. I am trying to let her handle this as she is in high school. But if some teachers wont budge on the grades, then I will have to go in and speak with the school and show them their own published policy.

Actually, yes we did that. And the school handbook only says that if you don't get the from signed then you MAY receive zero's. I've learned that most of the teachers have subsequently let her make up work. I am trying to let her handle this as she is in high school. But if some teachers wont budge on the grades, then I will have to go in and speak with the school and show them their own published policy.
I was never honest with the school. Called mine in sick every time. I knew our school wouldn’t excuse her for an outside of school sport. She told her teachers the truth and they all gave her the work to make up without issue.

@oncecoolcoachnowmom I was the mean mom who wouldn’t let my kid stay over Sunday night to Monday or a Monday to a Tuesday and miss yet another day of school. Her coaches understood my position and often released her right after awards. And she went to school tired and sucked it up. Even being on a high profile team with many flight comps she missed as few days as possible.

For those worried about AP tests, there are make up days and make up days for make up days. It is only the IB tests you really have to worry about, those cannot be rescheduled nor will they grant a change of venue. We tried for months last year to get permission for my daughter to take her IB business test in Orlando as it was the Friday afternoon before Worlds and the Monday morning of Worlds, and the request was denied because no school in Orlando would “host” her.

Back